Who's the sensible one now?

mint

"Rien ne serait pire qu'un G20 a minima. Je préfère le clash au consensus mou." (Nothing would be worse than a G20 with minimum agreement. I prefer a clash to a mild consensus.)

"Le

président [...] pense que

les forces de la pesanteur sont plus fortes que celles du mouvement"
. (The president [...] believes that the forces of gravity are stronger than those of the movement.)

Sarkozy veut des resultats à tout prix

Le pari diplomatique de Nicolas Sarkozy

I think he has a point.

Cloak and dagger self interest created the current situation. What lessons are learnt if Banks and countries are not to be held openly accountable?

I don't think this is Napoleon syndrome so much as a President saying he doesn't want to roll up to a meaningless and powerless meeting when he has a Country to run.

I might not share his political ideals but fair play to him for making a stand, I think the French like a bit of that!

Big Mac, you have used the expresion which should be tatoo'd on every Labour M.P.'s forehead and a few Tories."Lessons will be learnt" How many times has that been wheeled out by the present bunch in the last ten years? The sad bit is that not one lesson has been learnt by any Government Department.

Regards.

I am sure you lot will not be able to sleep unless you know what the G20 crowd are having to eat [Www]

Jamie Oliver will serve up a dinner for the G20 leaders which honours the best of British food.

The meal, prepared by young chefs from the his Fifteen restaurant, will begin with organic salmon from Shetland, served with samphire and sea kale, a selection of vegetables from Sussex, Surrey and Kent, and Irish soda bread.

For the main course, the celebrity chef will offer slow-roasted shoulder of lamb from the Elwy Valley in north Wales, with Jersey Royal potatoes, wild mushrooms and mint sauce.

Dessert will be the classic Bakewell tart and custard.

The vegetarian option will include a goat's cheese starter and lovage and potato dumplings for the main course.

Oliver said: "I'm very, very proud of my country and its food traditions and I know that the guests at Downing Street will be in for a real treat."

[quote]I am sure you lot will not be able to sleep unless you know what the G20 crowd are having to eat [/quote]

Let us hope they eat the dual idiots Brown and Darling today, as the conference true kicks off, now the posturing and posing is over.

Starting by explaining that the rest of Europe doesn't want to run itself into fiscal bankruptcy in order to cure a problem which was fundamentally created by the USA and UK..................................................

The big guns of G20 fill the news , I wondered who else was in it , here is the list

Argentina ,Australia ,Brazil ,Canada ,China ,France ,Germany ,India ,Indonesia ,Italy ,Japan ,Mexico ,Russia ,

Saudi Arabia ,South Africa ,South Korea ,Turkey ,United Kingdom ,United States 

The 20th member is the European Union