Nationwide crackdown to curb drinkers

talking of which...

has anyone been able to master the art of mounting their bicycle from the wrong (ie right hand) side?

I've been cycling all my life (well nearly) and have always followed the correct mounting procedure - left foot on the pedal, good shove off with the right foot and bring the right leg gracefully over the now moving contraption and settle comfortably in the saddle.

We are of course referring to the Gents model and all that entails.

But it seems to me that when in France I should take the appropriate action given the fact that the roads are oppsite and contrary and do my mounting on the right side of the road from the right hand side of the bike. But I can't!

Am I a total failure? Ought I try and find something more worth worrying about?

I rode a bike to work for many years prior to coming here but I am so uncomfortable riding over here, I just wantt to keep riding on the other side of the road much to OH shouting at me while he is gliding round me and doing wheelies.  I have not ridden my bike for over a year as iI do not feel  comfortable doing it.....help.

" including 28 on a bicycle"

Good grief Clair, 28 on a bloody bike has to be something to be seen and congratulated not scorned!!!  It would easily crack the Guiness book of records!

That is one of the funniest translations that I have seen for a while and if it is the translation by La Monde then they need a new translator!

Ok, it was a moped, but sitting outside our local watching another local try to get on and start his moped was worth it - in the end Danielle, the owner came out, started it up, then the old lad unsteadily got on it and rode off (sort of) up the hill. Brilliant!