Daily Telegraph - website problems ?

OK OK - have to admit it now....I do like my daily dose of UK news and gossip and the Daily Telegraph website is one I do read.

However, since yesterday afternoon it has been impossible to access DT's website - still won't download - still won't do anything.

Anyone else has similar problems ?   Any ideas as to why I'm not able to access their web-site ?

It's not an on-line subscription problem - just their general webpages - anyone know if they're having - another - techie problem ?

Regards - Chessie

[quote user="Cathy"]Chessie - It has been slow yesterday and today (and possibly longer).  Perhaps they are carrying out maintenance?[/quote]

Normal speed when I printed off a voucher just now - for some French friends who are going to London on holiday.

[quote user="chessie"]

Anyone else has similar problems ?   Any ideas as to why I'm not able to access their web-site ?

[/quote]

Are other sites OK?

Sue

Thanks everyone !!

Clair - I did try 'deleting cookies'....and it seemed to work.     Can now get on-line, read pages - no problems.

So many thanks - 10 gold stars to you.

But why should 'cookies' cause the problem ?

And also interesting to note that others  (Cathy and Woolybanana) think Telegraph has been a bit 'slow' .

So it might have been techie problems at DT after all  OR - it could have been the cookies....never know, now  !!!

But at least it's working OK again.

Thanks everyone for help.Big Smile [:D]

Chessie

Temporary cookies can cause loads of problems and certainly also slow down your computer. I clear all temporary cookies that I do not want every day when starting my computer. I use ccleaner (http://www.ccleaner.com/) which is free and also sorts out other every day problems. If you need cookies for sites where you want passwords retained, then all you have to do is to go "options" in ccleaner then cookies and enter cookies to keep. I find the best way for the first time is to go into all the sites where you want to retain cookies then move from cookies to delete to cookies to retain.

Baz

Thanks Baz and MikeinFrance - and everyone else.

But d - o - h .....cookies deleted - yes.    But no-one told me till it was too late was that if I deleted all my pretty little cookies that I'd lose EVERY single password, username, forum name - every - flpippin - password !!!   And I've got different passwords for different sites because I understood that - for security - it was best not to use same password all the time...and now I've been caught out !!!!

And can I remember them all ?  !!!

And have I written them all down somewhere safe ?  !!!

And even if I had written them all down somewhere safe - would I be able to find the piece of papers (or more likely, info on Post-It notes scattered in various places ?  !!!!)

D-o-h   -  that sound you can hear is me banging my head against another 'techie' brick-wall !!!  Sounds just like the death watch beetle.

So I shall have to do a bit more 'fiddling' with this PC;  take it back to last setting prior to deleting cookies, work out those I want to keep, delete the rest - and keep fingers and tozzies and everything else crossed and hope for the best !!!!

But thanks everyone for advice and info - it's been very interesting.

And if you hear screams of rage and anguish from the middle of France - just ignore me !!!!

Regards - Chessie[:)]