Neighbour with leaking fosse

Hi all,

My next door neighbours fosse has been leaking onto my land and contaminating it for a year now.

I have, on several occasions requested politely that the problem ibe rectified but keep getting a "tommorrow" reply. I do not want to cause any friction to our relationship, however I need this resolved quickly. What can I do? Are there regulations and laws regarding this? Should I contact the marie?

Hi, yes there are it need to conform to the new regulations SPANC will do in inspection, but in the meantime insist that it is emptied, maybe find the phone number of a company who does it and find out how much it will cost so when you speak again to your neighbour there is less chance of being given the runaround and you could even watch them phone them ( go in office hours !)

"I do not want to cause any friction to our relationship, however I need

this resolved quickly. What can I do? Are there regulations and laws

regarding this? Should I contact the marie?"

This is a health hazard ! [+o(]

I think the suggestion
above  (see the reply from Babbles)  is a good one and if that doesn't work then I feel a trip to the mairie would be in order.

No need to plant tomatoes - they will appear all by themselves. But seriously this is intolerable - you must do something. Good luck.

Incidentally just had ours emptied by a local farmer - €180. A lot cheaper than the big commercial firms. Always pays to ask around - locals will know.

Patrick

"Incidentally just had ours emptied by a local farmer - €180. A lot

cheaper than the big commercial firms. Always pays to ask around -

locals will know."

Patrick,  did you ask the farmer where he was going to dump the stuff? If he was going to dump it on local fields that's another health hazard and one that is banned in most communes I believe.[:(]