Whats happened to Grumpy?

Chancer

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="Chancer ex JR"]Now I can finally get rid of that annoying apostrophe in my user name, the only reason that I stubbornly held onto it was the knowledge that it wound him up and his inability to ask me to remove it in a civil way [6].[/quote]Err, still can't quote you with ( ) and J.R. so even harder now !

Crossed swords with whom, Grumpy, the moderators or myself?

I am not going to put my head above the parapet just yet in case he is in hiding waiting for me to drop my guard, for all I know "Q" may be covering for him [:P]

Actually I would quite like him to come back and am thinking of starting a campaign [;-)] 

Copied from another thread...

[quote user="Weedon"]

In paying homage to dah doo ron ron, may I put my answer as he would do(o) ron ron.

As the OP has been told a few times that you must purchase the

tickets whilst in the UK and not outside it, go ahead and purchase as

many tickets as you wish, then if you get the "big one" and Camelot

tell you hard cheese chum your claim is worthless, you cannot say that

you didn't know about it.

[...][/quote]

For a second there, I thought he had decided to change his mind and had returned to the forum! [:D]

[quote user="Chancer"]

Crossed swords with whom, Grumpy, the moderators or myself?

I am not going to put my head above the parapet just yet in case he is in hiding waiting for me to drop my guard, for all I know "Q" may be covering for him [:P]

Actually I would quite like him to come back and am thinking of starting a campaign [;-)] 

[/quote]

Nobody on the moderators side is 'covering' for anyone. It is not good etiquette to discuss why a person has done something or said something in private to a moderator in open forum. Personally, and not as a moderator, I don't really think its on to discuss this issue when the person concerned is no longer a member of the forum, does not visit the forum (to the best of my knowledge) and can no longer reply. Actually I thing its a bit rude regardless of what any of you or I may, or may not, think of the person.

Sorry Quillan.

I take note and heed of your comments, my coment that you were covering for him was meant as a joke and was followed by a smilie. I didnt mean that you were covering up for him.

I dont think that anyone is has actually been discussing the issue you speak of (what someone has done or said in private) quite the opposite.

I do appreciate you confirming what has become of him as it was the reason that I started the thread.

I have an idea, well stolen from Weedon actually, the next time I feel like belittling someone I can write in the 3rd party in memory of the ex-member that way his spirit can live on [6]

It takes all sorts to make a world and I like the diversity of characters of all types on a forum.

Yeh, I absolutely believe that we should all feel free to talk about the subject. What is the difference between talking about a current/ex-member and say Sarkosy or someone's next door neighbour. I find the whole subject quite fascinating and intriguing about anyone leaving a forum.

The problem is that very often when someone leaves the forum there are 'issues', not everyone is a fan etc. That can lead to some unfortunate comments so the rule is that we don't do it. That avoids unpleasantness and the moderators don't have to keep making judgements and editing threads (which just annoys everyone)

Keep it simple [:)]

Grumpy so liked commenting on articles on health and safety, especially those taken from the "Daily Wail".  In tribute to him, they were called RAs.

http://www.completefrance.com/cs/forums/1392621/ShowPost.aspx

Here is one such gem that I am sure he would have loved to have commented on:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1205437/Backwards-step-royal-defence-centuries-old-tradition-goes-fashion.html

You see what happens when the Alpha male leaves the pride, outbreaks of grumpiness from the most unexpected corners!

All successfull soap operas (real life being the ultimate one) depend upon having a bad guy for their survival.

For me the recent grumpiness whilst often offered in homage to RA fall far short of the mark and dont do justice to his memory [:)]; Lets face it, no-body does (did) it better than he.

I miss him because I actually agreed with most of what he said (even about me!) and his unique style of delivery.

There were times when I see what to me are outrageous things posted, usually someone blowing off steam, perhaps fueeled by red wine etc, me being a straight talker, if they were someone I knew I would tell them (privately) in no uncertain terms exactly what I thought of their views but not by posting on a forum or say sending a memo with a copy to everybody else.

RA never had that inhibition, and he dared to say the things that often I was thinking.

Could he not be tempted back, perhaps with the offer of a moderators hat? I think he would make a good poacher turned gamekeeper and could be used to keep the wanabee Grumpys in their place [6]