tempo box

Belle

Hi has anyone noticed their tempo box flashing, we first noticed it last evening, all the lights on the box flash for a few seconds and it shows that we are on rouge, as this doesn't usually start till Nov, it all seems abit strange, can edf be playing around. It isn't happening during the day, the box is back on blue.

Sorry Frenchie I just did a rather long but informative post on this then the forum threw a wobbly when I went to post it, it lost the lot and I cant be bothered to redo it.

You can find tariff rates HERE and look at the current 'day' colour HERE. As a working example I have put my meter readings in to a table so you can compare prices. If you work and are not around during the day during the week then it a reasonable cheap system but you will need a backup for red days (wood and 'petrol'). It works for us because we are a B&B and use most of our electricity in the summer (believe it or not). Prices are of course in Euros.

HC (Night)                     HP (Day)                           Day+ Night

Tempto Red                        63.03                            184.46                                 247.49

Tempo White                      61.41                            184.01                                 245.42

Temo Blue                          211.33                           1096.11                              1307.44

Grand Total                                                                                                         1800.38

Cheap Rate (Night/Day)     356.21                              2038.88                           2395.09

Normal                              570.22                              2075.99                           2646.21

• 2 weeks later...