moving plants/shrubs?

ktgit

Hope this helps Kevin.  [url]http://www.franceforfreebooters.com/living/travellingplants.htm[/url]  Read it all or skip to the end where you will find the information you are looking for (there are no rules yet governing the movement of plants, seeds and bulbs for personal use within the EU).  BTW, I think you should really have planted this in the "Gardening" section.[:D]

[quote user="ktgit"]

Hi

maybe a silly question,but if moving to france are you allowed to take some

of youre plants/shrubs into the country?

cheers kevin.....

[/quote]

When we bought our house here we brought a huge amount of plants with us, It would appear that there are no restrictions of moving plants within the EU

Oh dear

we rely on a site that looks to Defra and UK Customs for the regulations for importing plants to France - not the most reliable sources IMHO.

I don't have time to find it myself for you but use a French web search engine and look for Annex V + phytosanitaire which will give a very, very long list of plants that should not be imported into France.

Most of these are highly exotic plants that you will not have in your garden, but included in the list are things such as Rhodadendron, Azalea and a couple fo other common garden plants.

EDIT:

http://www.legifrance.gouv.fr/affichTexte.do?cidTexte=JORFTEXT000000637300&dateTexte=

A good starting point

[quote user="andyh4"]

Oh dear

we rely on a site that looks to Defra and UK Customs for the regulations for importing plants to France - not the most reliable sources IMHO.

I don't have time to find it myself for you but use a French web search engine and look for Annex V + phytosanitaire which will give a very, very long list of plants that should not be imported into France.

Most of these are highly exotic plants that you will not have in your garden, but included in the list are things such as Rhodadendron, Azalea and a couple fo other common garden plants.

EDIT:

http://www.legifrance.gouv.fr/affichTexte.do?cidTexte=JORFTEXT000000637300&dateTexte=

A good starting point

[/quote]

I never consulted "Defra or UK customs" I just said to the removal company" can I put these plants on your lorry" and will you take them with my furniture to France. They said "yes mate, no problems". Now the onus of responsibility is as I understand it, is on the Driver of the vehicle going through the customs. The removal company was happy , the driver was happy, I was happy and when I got them into the ground in their new home the plants were happy. As for reading your link Mr Andy, well life is too short; although I appreciate your good intentions.