We have snow!

suein56

We very rarely see any snow - living by the sea and all that - but tonight we have actual, real snow; so much so Antiques Roadshow has disappeared ... in a snowy haze ... and just before our digi-box froze completely. Still you can't have everything, can you? Bet the white stuff will be gone by tomorrow morning.

Has anyone else any snow?

Sue [:)]

Got up about 04.00 to find a very pretty covering, glistening in the moonlight here in SE UK. (Not as much as Catalpa) A real surprise, as I'd checked forecasts last night which only said we'd have a heavy frost. I put a sheet over the windscreen ready for an early start today, so at least we're ready for it. It's still coming!

Chap in the paper yesterday said to be ready for snow for the rest of the month, but we don't usually get it here (or should that be didn't......?)

Left Luxembourg Friday late afternoon in filthy weather, snow and fog.  Heading for Pas de Calais, I got halfway through Belgium (near Rulles) and thinking of turning back when it just stopped and the roads were dry!

Saturday in PdC just before lunch there was a heavy fall of snow which put paid to my outside jobs but it stopped after a couple of hours.

Sunday was lovely and sunny so had bracing stroll along the beach - wonderful.

Drove back Sunday afternoon, big holdup in Belgium due to 10 car (at least) pile-up, very nasty.

No  more probs at all untill I got to Rulles again when much snow. Got back OK and awoke this morning  to find there had been 30 cms fall of snow in the night.

I moaned at the price when I bought winter tyres for my car but they are worth every cent!

[quote user="Quillan"]Another Temo red day tomorrow so I guess its you lot up there getting the bad weather. Working in the garden today in shirt sleeves, won't belong now till we are back in shorts. [;-)][/quote]

Funny you should say that. Though we had snow last night, and a little bit remains in northern facing hollows, for the most part it has gone. With the sun shining in a blue sky OH and I went for a walk along the beach this afternoon and, as usual there were quite a few people doing the same thing; including a man wearing shorts and a long-sleeved t-shirt coming our way. As he passed us, deep in conversation with his companion, we could not help but hear his very English tones and words. Perhaps he thinks Spring has already sprung here? Mind you the sun was very warm.

Sue (imagine a smilie, as I cannot seem to do them at the mo)

Only frozen rain/heavy dew early today in the Muzillac area Sue but SNOW IN VANNES! made the TF1 national news this evening.

It wasn't me on your beach this afternoon, but yesterday there was a French guy fishing in what looked suspiciously like his underpants, in the golfe by the causeway to the Isle de Tascon.

Steve