No fuel in Southern & Central France

velcorin

I have just received an e-mail from our hauliers. They are not committing to delivering after Thursday due to an anticipated total depletion of road transport stocks. They are the biggest road hauliers in France

Briefly the main refinery at La Mede has 2 days of crude stocks left, due to the port blockade, which is separate to pensions issue. It will be forced to go offline, the remote terminals are already very low. The shortage has been further increased by strikes at other refineries, this time directly related to pensions issue. http://www.leparisien.fr/economie/retraites/la-quasi-totalite-des-raffineries-touchees-par-les-greves-12-10-2010-1106633.php

Basically, unless the supertankers can't berth at La Mede today, it will be a full shutdown. Dog knows how many weeks/months it takes to bring something like that back online.

Best go and join the queues. Good luck. It should be interesting what the Dwarf's last remaining supporter thinks of this[;-)], not sure he'll be happy walking.

No fuel left at our local Carrefour late yesterday morning, which is where we get ours. They had no idea when more would be available. Our neighbour was due to drive to the Dordogne today for a big family wedding on Sunday, planning to do family research in the area beforee it all kicks off, but is delaying, as she couldn't get petrol yesterday.

I wasn't quite clear in my mind if it was totally the fuel problem that's putting her off, or the fact that she had an email yesterday giving details of the wedding. Apparently mass starts at 08.00 on Saturday, carries on in various forms through Saturday and Sunday, until the marriage ceremony at 18.00 on Sunday! She had said they were ultra-orthodox, almost a sect, but I think she was quite shocked by so much!

I've sent her a link to the nuns of Avignon singing, in case she wanted to practice beforehand!  [:D]

We're due to fly to UK today, and all looks OK on the Ryanair website, so all fingers are corseds - difficult typing like that!  [:)]