Panorama

[quote user="idun"]It is all a mess isn't it.[/quote]

Too true, Idun.

To repeat what I said before, this was an isolated case, wasn't it? God help us if it wasn't, because we're all done for one day.

Digressing slightly from the original thread, my MIL had a stroke a few years ago. Four months or so in hospital, then moved (through pressure from my SIL) to an excellent and over-subscribed local authority 'care centre'.  She was comfortable and well cared for there, though she never really recovered and sadly passed away a few months later. Wonderful caring staff there, and with ready access to the patients, you'd have known if there was a problem in the place.

The end of the story?  The local authority shut the place down 12 months later: twenty or thirty staff made redundant. Who knows what happened to the patients.

A caring society?  If I was CEO of a local authority that made a decision like that, I wouldn't be able to live with myself.

[quote user="idun"]

I am usually more than partial to your irreverence PPP, but not this time.

[:(]

[/quote]

Sorry about that but I had the Mosley case in mind. In my opinion participation in BDSM activities would be of concern; I was shocked at the Judge's inference that a bit of harmless BDSM was not in the public interest to know about.