Sussex

idun

[quote user="bettyboop"]Sussex is beautfiul,Sussex Downs run from Winchester to Eastbourne, Seaside Towns - ChichesterBognor Regis,Worthing,Brighton,Eastbourne,Hastings. Loads of sailing around Hayling Island. Arundel has a castle,further east, Pevensey Castle,Bodium. Battle Abbey. Beautiful, but busy[/quote]

We call those the South Downs where I come from [:)]

Winchester & Hayling Island are in Hampshire......

Some lovely gardens to visit : http://www.greatbritishgardens.co.uk/gardens%20in%20south%20east.htm

T K Maxx is a store. Sells cheap designer things, from biscuits,handbags, bedding, kitchen stuff, household stuff, to shoes and clothes for all the family.Actually for kitchen stuff and bedding it is pretty good. The dresses seem to be size 0 a lot of the time and at my thinnest wouldn't have gone round my thigh, so certainly no good for me, although I am sure if I looked properly they would have more generous sizes.

[quote user="Matelot"]

Whaddya mean?! "Look out for the Matelots!"

Her Britannic Majesty's Gentlemen Mariners are always on their best behaviour!

Well..... almost always!!!  

[/quote]

I remember too well having a few beers with you guys on HMS Sheffield many years ago. Great night. Bad morning after!

[quote user="Russethouse"]

[quote user="bettyboop"]Sussex is beautfiul,Sussex Downs run from Winchester to Eastbourne, Seaside Towns - ChichesterBognor Regis,Worthing,Brighton,Eastbourne,Hastings. Loads of sailing around Hayling Island. Arundel has a castle,further east, Pevensey Castle,Bodium. Battle Abbey. Beautiful, but busy[/quote]

We call those the South Downs where I come from [:)]

Winchester & Hayling Island are in Hampshire......

Some lovely gardens to visit : http://www.greatbritishgardens.co.uk/gardens%20in%20south%20east.htm

[/quote]

Doh... on me doorstep and dont get the name right South Downs of course.

As with Chancer was born in Crawley and lived there until 21 - one of the 50s New Towns and not pretty

Indeed! I remember many a good run ashore along the 'Hard'. Then going for a few more wets at the Mucky Duck or Yorkshire Grey followed by a take-away from Manns Cafe before going back on board and being tucked in all safe and sound and snug by the Chief Stoker.

Unless of course, I'd have trapped a 'gronk' at the Widow's Hop at Joanna's!!! Then who knows where I would have laid my boyish, tousled head! Ah memories!

Oh, er, Sussex... South Downs, nice villages and towns, good beaches - basically it's very nice!