"Tuning" votre garage !!!

nomoss

There are several forums and quite a large scene for these luxury garage builds. Seems to be all the rage especially in USA to have a spotless showroom style garage for your car and tools.

All seems a little pointess to me - rows and rows of Snap-On tools, yet the immaculate floor and deco suggest that the occasional wheel swap is probably about the most work that gets done.  - I cant see anyone hacking the rusty floorpan out of an MG in a place like this....

[img]http://www.mosbybuildingarts.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/mosby%20garage%2007.jpg[/img]

but then, if you can afford one of these garages, you can afford to pay someone else to do the dog-work for you elsewhere, I would imagine.

I have an aluminium chequer plate floor in my garage/workshop in the UK but it aint polished!

It was actually the cheapest work around for me after the builder who was and remains a friend effed up the concrete floor (I think he was trying to emulate a chape liquide) and then went all French on me.

Short or moving everything back out of the garage (I am pretty well equipped) putting it in storage, breaking up and carting away the dusty desert that claimed to be a floor slab and pursuing a builder that had gone French,  core sample analysis etc, the most expedient way was to make a feature out of it with what was soon the become a trendy floorcovering thanks to the Eurotunnel terminal, it cost me a load of dosh as at the time it was £75 cash per sheet and its a large double garage but I am still pleased with it after 12 years, its a bit hard to sweep up but still looks quite good and is incredibly hard wearing.

I first consolidated the cement dust floor with a self levellin ragreage and just fixed the sheets on top with csk screws and rawlplugs, I fully intend to remove it if and when I sell the place unless the buyer pays the full asking price.