Where does it leave us??

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="pachapapa"]

The germans are considering changing the current € 10 per quarter health levy regardless of number of visits to the doctor to a system reflecting actual utilisation at € 5 per visit. Much less than the current french charge of € 23 per visit.

[/quote]

I'm sure the german charges you quote are those for people in the system, not for someone visiting the country. On the same basis, l'Assurance Maladie refunds 70% of the charge in France, and charges a 1€ forfait, so the actual current charge is 7€90 per visit.

The charge in Spain is currently zero, one just presents a card to get free treatment. No forms to complete, no claims and forfaits circulating in a bureaucratic papermill.

We sometimes regret the move from Spain to France, made mainly to get away from the tourist crowds which ruined Mallorca during the 25 years we lived there.

[quote user="5-element"]As a Franco-British national, I am getting a little disturbed by some of the more obvious jingoism that has quickly emerged on this thread. It's very sad how fast this happens.[:(][/quote]

I agree with you - I don't like the attitude of boosting up one place by denigrating another, and, if some people think that Britain is so much better, what are they doing in France?

[quote user="nomoss"][quote user="pachapapa"]

The germans are considering changing the current € 10 per quarter health levy regardless of number of visits to the doctor to a system reflecting actual utilisation at € 5 per visit. Much less than the current french charge of € 23 per visit.

[/quote]

I'm sure the german charges you quote are those for people in the system, not for someone visiting the country. On the same basis, l'Assurance Maladie refunds 70% of the charge in France, and charges a 1€ forfait, so the actual current charge is 7€90 per visit.

The charge in Spain is currently zero, one just presents a card to get free treatment. No forms to complete, no claims and forfaits circulating in a bureaucratic papermill.

We sometimes regret the move from Spain to France, made mainly to get away from the tourist crowds which ruined Mallorca during the 25 years we lived there.

[/quote]

My BIL and his wife live there. If under retirement age you had to pay something like 250 Euros a month per family, this has reduced, so they tell me, to about 200 Euros in recent months.

[quote user="Quillan"]

........ My BIL and his wife live there. If under retirement age you had to pay something like 250 Euros a month per family, this has reduced, so they tell me, to about 200 Euros in recent months.

[/quote]

I was referring to charges for treatment for people in the system.

Of course one makes Social Security payments every month to be in the system, same as anywhere else.

Payments on a family basis stopped in about 1983.

My last payment, in Dec. 2002, was €202,50, my wife's, in 1999, about €180.