Smoking was Sexy?.......... Really

idun

[quote user="Quillan"]

The irony in the UK with the smoking ban in bars, pubs and restaurants is that it is not for the benefit of the non smokers.

[/quote]

Might not be but a pub that used to visit on occassion as soon as I got home my clothes went in the washing machine because they reeked of cigarette smoke.

Personally, pubs and restaurants are a great deal better than before the ban.

[quote user="PaulT"][quote user="Quillan"]

The irony in the UK with the smoking ban in bars, pubs and restaurants is that it is not for the benefit of the non smokers.

[/quote]

Might not be but a pub that used to visit on occasion as soon as I got home my clothes went in the washing machine because they reeked of cigarette smoke.

[/quote]

Yes but before they used to do stupid things like have a sign on a table that said non smoking right next to a table that allowed smoking. Even as a smoker I can see that's as much use as a chocolate teapot. There should have been separate rooms. I hold the breweries to blame. They used to have two bars, by old local had three (public, lounge and snug) then the brewery decided to knock all the walls down, make it all one bar and charge lounge bar process. What they should have done is knocked one wall out, leave two bars and make one non smoking. Now they are complaining because they have had to close loads of pubs, they only had themselves to blame. I don't think anyone would have complained if you had two separate areas and the non smokers never came in contact or smelt the smokers.

Remember aircraft when they used to allow smoking. Some used to put a curtain across but many just had a sign to say from that seat onwards people could smoke. Well if I was a none smoker I wouldn't want to be in the last seat before the smoking section started.

In general I think you will find a lot of smokers feel the same way and always have.

[quote user="PaulT"]

[/quote]

Unless of course you want to eat on the terrace on a nice day.[Www]

Just ban it in public and have done with it.

And don't even mention the entrance to shopping arcades.

[quote user="Benjamin"][quote user="PaulT"]

[/quote]

Unless of course you want to eat on the terrace on a nice day.[Www]

Just ban it in public and have done with it.

And don't even mention the entrance to shopping arcades.

[/quote]

And hospitals..where half the offenders are the staff...