Is this Spam?

Judie

I have just received this email tonight and would like your opinion on its validity please.

Cher(e) Client(e),

Nous avons constatés un impayé sur votre dernière

facture.

La société EDF vous avise que le service d'énergie

sera suspendu à compter du : 15 juillet pour redevance non payée.

Afin de regulariser , s'il vous plait suivez ces

deux étapes simples.

(1)

Téléchargez la pièce jointe fournie par notre équipe de sécurité.

(2)

Ouvrez le fichier joint (dans votre navigateur Web) et de remplir le besoin

domaines.

Lors d' échec du règlement , nous procéderons a

annuler votre ligne téléphonique

Cette intervention vous sera facture

Cordialement

l' équipe EDF

Service@2012

The odd thing is that I have looked at the latest bill and it was the 17th of May. Normally I would have expected one in July but there is nothing showing on the website and I received nothing to ask me for a reading which I usually receive.

Do I just ignore it or what?

Nb It came in as a possible Spam email.

Yes, I did note that and my immediate reaction was just that. However it happens to coincide with the non receipt of a bill since the 17th of May.

Perhaps I'm being paranoid but before I binned it I just wondered if anyone else had had one.

Sorry Pickles, our posts crossed.

[quote user="Pickles"]It is spam, and the piece joint will give your details to people that you don't want to receive them. [/quote]

Absolutely ... to be avoided at all costs as shown on this site :

http://www.fournisseurs-electricite.com/electricite-de-france/actus-edf/18353-phishing-edf

or here : http://www.commentcamarche.net/forum/affich-23716360-bleu-ciel-edf

also as WB says even the scam is wrong ... and should read 'à la suspension de votre fourniture d'énergie.'

They have certainly got over confident.

Sue

If you're ever in doubt, go directly to the supplier's website, either via your own bookmark if you have bookmarked the site (always a good idea), or by looking on a paper invoice, but never ever via a link provided in an email, however real it looks.

And, as said above, EDF do not deal with phone lines anyway...

As concerns an EDF bill, I received one around 15/5 after a Relevé Confiance, paid that, then I had an EDF meter reading (as they do 2x a year) and I have just received the bill from that reading.

You can always check your account online, after registering HERE if you haven't done so already.

Once you have created your "Espace Client", you can pay your bill online, as I do.