Citroen 'Tractions'

Had a good day out in these yesterday - thought that some of you might be interested to see the picture.

The destination was a seafood restaurant in a small town where the Rhone meets the Med.

It was a tiring day though - cars of that vintage ('Maigret cars' to most of us) are noisy and hot.

[URL=http://s593.photobucket.com/user/gardian830/media/PortStLouis0413016_zps63a0bdb2.jpg.html][IMG]http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt15/gardian830/PortStLouis0413016_zps63a0bdb2.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Lovely pic - been trying to decide where you had lunch.

I enjoyed a ride in a Traction during the launch of last year's téléthon in town. We had a team who volunteered their vintage cars and themselves as chauffeurs for a donation all through the weekend; I was pleased to have the chance to ride in a 'Maigret' car, and 3 of us rode in the Traction together, having a hilarious time while being driven through some of the surrounding villages.

[quote user="gardengirl "]Lovely pic - been trying to decide where you had lunch.

[/quote]

Port St Louis.

Not an especially nice place (very industrial just to the east towards Marseille), but a really good restaurant.

Very purple there though !! [:)]

The one we were in is the RH one - a 1951 model.  The other is a 1956.

There were some very strange noises coming from the engine when the revs got high-ish in any gear, but I didn't like to ask. Louis reckons that the speedo is under-reading by 10kph at 50. Apart from that and the slightly iffy brakes, its a wonderful vehicle.

They're off to Spain next month for a Traction Rally.  With the two vehicles 'in convoy', we were tooted and waved at all day long.  Good fun. 

Nothing is quite as reassuring in a wonderful vehicle as iffy brakes! [:-))] at least with loud engine noise you can turn the radio up............if it had one [:D]

Could the fact that it's an old vehicle save your licence for speeding with an under reading speedo?