Right, guys, without heated debate, let's have the reasons for UK leaving.

M CdeL, well it doesn't feel democratic the way it is being done. We signed up to better trade and nothing at all as it is now. All done 'quietly and somehow obscured from public sight, because how can we as individuals keep on top of every last thing they do and what could we do about it anyway? very little, at least that is how it feels........  and all done without a thought for the consequences or 'the people'. So IMO my 'right's are being eroded daily by the EU and the human rights act, which in fact gives rights to every miscreant and his dog and not the general public.

SEE I was in France too long, the idea of protecting the 'herd' rather than the individual firmly installed in my psyche now.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="idun"]So IMO my 'right's are being eroded daily by the EU and the human rights act, which in fact gives rights to every miscreant and his dog and not the general public.

[/quote]

Your making the typical mistake of combining the EU and the ECHR where they are quite separate. Getting out of the EU will make little or no difference to any changes in human rights as they stand at the moment. Good old Tony Blair is the one that signed up to automatically accepting legislation from the ECHR in to English law (his wife was actually the main driving force) and it had nothing to do with the EU.