It's probably just me being thick ...but (EDF Query) well actually two queries

1) Why does it take up to three minutes after writing the title to a post for the main field to become available for text? it's worse than the original 'dial up'

2) Main query...EDF have an English speaking service...handy as I need to explain something complicated...so complicated e-mail would be even better. EDF offer both telephone and email facilities..great! thinks I.. lets just mail them..err nope because you have to register including your email address and customer ID etc. all of which when input..still will not allow you in.

Ahhhh in the English site there's a 'virtual helper'...except she only does French...and has perhaps decided its time to wash her hair or something...

Lets try the English speaking phone service then?..err nope, recorded message in French - the gist is no one is home.

Am I wasting my time trying or has anyone managed to fathom the mystery which is the EDF contact us English section?

Cheers T

are sure you have listened to the whole of the recorded message...to the end? Because I made that mistake and continually hung up. I found that if you listened past the French  bit there was something that helped. Pressing * I think . The problem I found with the English speaking service (although we did get to the bottom of the issue after 15mins) was that my French was better than their English... most of the time. I did get one very helpful young lady who's English was tip-top. I don't know whether summertime is better , but I could quite imagine they hire students to help out who have a better grasp of English than the normal folk.

bon courage

Thank you

both Jay and Honeysuckle D – I shall give your suggestions a go. I did listen

to the messages carefully and there is something at the end but I couldn’t pick

it out. Sadly unless I spend a couple of weeks in France I can’t get my ears  acclimatised.

I will

certainly give the e-mail address a go I suppose I had better try in French and

give them a laugh.

Once again

this forum comes up trumps .

How odd is this - re the 'loading problem' if I select a post icon..it loads quicker!

Firstly I can confirm that the English helpline number is 05 62 16 49 08 and it works.

Secondly the first part of the message (and it is long) is in French telling them it is an English speaking International helpline and they should call another number, dial a four digit number on their mobile etc, etc, etc. It then changes into English saying the same thing. Finally you get a choice in English for either accounts or support. The longest I have ever waited is around 15 minutes but normally it is about three or four minutes, once or twice I have got through straight away probably more by luck than anything else.

I once got an Irish bloke - I thought his English was good :) -  but I could explain my problem to him, and it was understood and sorted.  After several abortive attempts with so-called French speakers of English.  Shame EDF don't employ more real English speakers on this service, as the French ones often don't understand once you get too deep or too complicated!

C'est la vie, I suppose!

Due to my lack of French I type my message in English, firstly apologising for my lack of French and then explain that I have used Google to translate in to French, I then translate it and place the French version above the English and if the reply comes if French use Google to translate in to English.