Digital/online version

idun

There is an advert at the moment which implies that with our digital/online version we wish to impart that we are rather better than we really are.

Apparently people like to give the impression they are sexier, better looking, slimmer, taller and more intelligent.

Frankly I haven't noticed such behaviour on here. Maybe I trop sotte to notice, it is a possibility.

I look back at photos of me and realise that I was actually quite nice looking and most certainly slim when I was young, but I didn't realise that at the time and now I am a very ordinary looking middle aged lady of somewhat generous proportions, not huge huge, as I can still get my derriere on one seat! still,  'slim' was several decades ago. I am not the brightest person around, but have common sense and fortunately a sense of humour and eventually got self confidence and opinions. And I'm an inch and half shorter than I was when I was young.

I wouldn't want anyone to imagine that I was taller, sexier or better looking or cleverer than I really am. I'm sure I'd get found out one way or another if I tried 'games' like that.

Is this board especially different to others?

I don't use any other boards these days and cannot imagine where people needed an inflated alter ego.

[quote user="You can call me Betty"]Is now a good time to confess that my avatar is not really me? Only I was trying very hard to appear younger, sexier and better looking than I really am. I know it was wrong.... [:D]

[/quote]

Of course, some of us have met - so there's no way we can claim to look

anything other than what we are - but Betty, that's disappointing to

read as I thought I'd be able to recognise you anywhere!  [:D]