Calais migrants reject food prepared for them by charity

[quote user="Frederick"]You could not make it up could you ? I am lost for words !

http://www.thelocal.fr/20141007/calais-migrants-food-spicy-reject[/quote]

Well they may be in for a great Friday night if they actually manage to get to the UK

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ix9OP1i9UN8

Or maybe they are just not hungry enough yet so remove all aid until they have to eat the stuff we do otherwise how will they integrate into our benefits system?

Why doesn't the UK open a food bank in Calais and save the poor 'migrants' a commute? Thing that Pi55es me right off...These poor persecuted people have had to leave their country...so why didn't they stop at the one next door and claim asylum? They are not the UKs or France's problem sad though it may sound...we have plenty of our own.

My Mum used to tell me that it was alright to leave any food I didn't want for my dinner. It would still be there in the morning for my breakfast [:-))]

Or my lunch if it wasn't OK for breakfast, or dinner/etc.. But it was all  was ging to get!

What the hell do they want for nothing? Their money back???????

When I first read it I thought it was one of those spoof newspaper websites like Newsbiscuit or whatever it is.

Mind you a newspaper written in English for the non french speakers living in France is equally a spoof is it not.

For anyone used to a spicy diet the French idea of épicé or rélevé must be a great dissapointment, I sympathise with them, I would not eat the muck either.

Actually is it really true?

Its not the 1st of April but I bet it would not be hard to hoax this rag, were there any French reports of it?

Food is food, and if these people really come from such dire circumstances, then they should appreciate what a valuable resource it is. Eat, don't eat, well, that is up to them. They seem very feisty for people who cannot be axsed to fight for good living conditions where they are from.

[quote user="Jonzjob"]

What the hell do they want for nothing? Their money back???????

[/quote]

They'll be leaving bad Trip adviser reviews next, what ever shall we do? Maybe a propaganda campaign, tell them that's what we all eat and maybe they will go back from where they came. Open Sangate and only feed them non spicy food [6]

I'm inclined to agree with Chancer on this one. The only other report I could find on this came from a BNP website..hardly the most unbiased of sources. If it had been true as reported I would have expected at least the Daily Depressed and the Mail to have it all over the front pages.

[quote user="idun"]Maybe the french should be kind enough to tell them that 'les anglais mangeaient la mer de and we don't spice it up' and they'd go home.

[/quote]

Ah! But don't forget that curry is the most popular British dish at the mo [8-)]

Heaven forbid that the wonderful paper that has reported it should be hoodwinked into producing an incorrect article [Www][Www] or let the truth get in the way of a good/bad/indifferent story?? [blink]

Maybe, but I know some things because I have friends who work in this field in the UK. There are stories that are disgraceful and never hit the headlines and I shall not post what friends have told me in confidence. These stories are not about poor provision.

[quote user="Jonzjob"][quote user="idun"]Maybe the french should be kind enough to tell them that 'les anglais mangeaient la mer de and we don't spice it up' and they'd go home.

[/quote]

Ah! But don't forget that curry is the most popular British dish at the mo [8-)]

Heaven forbid that the wonderful paper that has reported it should be hoodwinked into producing an incorrect article [Www][Www] or let the truth get in the way of a good/bad/indifferent story?? [blink]

[/quote]

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/news/world/europe/article4230429.ece

Other publications ...Other languages are also available .... in other lying rags if that what you choose to believe