The rise of the NF

[quote user="NormanH"]I I were a betting man I would say :

2015 Uk :  Conservative/Ukip coalition
2017 France Presidential elections : UMP candidate versus M le Pen in the run off.
[/quote]

I think Ukip would want a coalition because of Camerons promise to hold a referendum on the EU (seeing is believing mind) but I think the Tories would rather get back in to bed with the LD's assuming there is any left. If there isn't I think a Tory/SNP coalition is more in the interests of both parties because there will be a lot more SNP MP's (for a while) in Westminster than Kippers if one believes Nick Robinson (chief BBC Politics Editor).

See he is another good orator and did not let the truth get in the way of his Yes campain. Like Farrage and all the other politicians he has a knack of turning questions round at best or at worse just not answering.

For me personally it is something of a relief and excuse to be living in France when it comes to UK politics. I claim that I will not vote in the UK national elections because I don't live there and think that’s fair. It is really an excuse on my part because in all honesty I would not know who to vote for. I believe strongly in the EU. It has its faults and needs some changes but that will only happen by calmly working within it and not, like Cameron at times, throwing ones teddy out the pram or like Farrage leaving the playground and taking his ball with him.

Then I look at other things in the UK, the political football playing with education and the NHS. They, the politicians, play the game and people living there suffer the consequences often years afterwards and in some cases a complete generation

I have this constant feeling that politicians think we are all pretty thick and they can do whatever they like and we won't understand what they are up to. A classic today I read, all the old MP's expenses prior to 2010 have been destroyed. This is obviously because with another expenses scandal allegedly about to come to light they don't want the newspapers to get hold of the old ones. They claim this was an accident, yeh right, of course I believe them.

Labour has promised 2,000 new GP doctors if they win the next election. Now I visited the NHS website and it can take anywhere from five to ten years to train as a GP depending where you start in the system. Perhaps Labour has a magical ‘GP tree’ from which they can pick them or they can pop down to Asda and buy them.

Education, they change this, they change that but they don’t know what the effect will be for four or more years and if it is wrong and you have wrecked a load of peoples lives what happens then, you blame the other party of course.

These are just a few small examples my actual list is huge, probably bigger than War and Peace

So anyway I vote in local, regional and EU elections in France. I can’t vote in national elections which saves the grief of choosing and means I can pass comment as an outsider with no voting interest. The local elections are the closest politicians to me and are the most likely to affect my day to day life but even so locally I don't vote for a party I vote for the man or woman I know, like what they want to etc.