A Year in the Life of a Walnut Tree

Yes, this so beuatiful and heartwarming to find such a lovely subject among all the topics on sex and killing and torture of innocent creatures, and the sadness that blights the lives of some of the members and the poor hot rabbits that I read about this morning.

I am looking at the leaves falling from me beautiful trees everyday, they are like tears falling to the ground, why would a thing of such beauty have to cry? will me trees ever stop crying? I hope they will! but when me trees stop crying, I shall I start to cry!  

[quote]Oh come off it FK, you know damn well the leaves have got to come off for their life cycle to continue. Will you still be crying when they burst into life again next year?[/quote]

As regards the original request, have you tried contacting the "Musee des Noix" near Castelnaud-La-Chapelle, in the Dordogne?

Pretty sure I saw it there as a poster?

Alcazar

[quote]Oh come off it FK, you know damn well the leaves have got to come off for their life cycle to continue. Will you still be crying when they burst into life again next year?[/quote]

I feel a bit frightened by the tone of your posting Missus! I suppose you are one of those dominatrixes are you?

I remember when I was a young lad in County Kildare, back then we could play dominatrix for hours on end, it was a big event in our village when the dominatrix came out! We never had much else to ammuse us. People now though would find it so boring with not enough sex and violence.

I can't help crying when I see me beautiful trees become skelingtons, It is a sad sight after seeing them in all their glory throughout the summer. Wearing their shimmering red and blue overcoats, and their elegant pink gloves and their dainty little yellow shoes. I shall smile again when the springtime brings their beautiful new garments.

Sorry FK but you really are missing the point of the cycle of life.  Having just returned from the days stint of picking up cider apples (3 tonne this year) and stripping the chilli pepper plants (enough to supply a small country) I'm having trouble matching your whimsicality.

Not a dominatrix but defnitely grumpy old woman because my back hurts. Never mind, will be dark earlier tonight so can curl up with a seed catalogue and plan to do it all over again next year.

"Lavender Hill, SW London"

Have loved the film for as long as I can remember and it has a strong French connection so I don't feel as if I'm completely hijacking the thread.  Until a year or so ago I assumed it was a fictional place but then I got lost whilst trying to find my way from Barnes to Clapham and couldn't believe my eyes when I eventually spotted a sign saying, "Lavender Hill".  (I was still lost but that's neither here nor there!)  The shops struck me as being worth a visit and still just the sort of place to pick up the type of print you mention.  M

• 9 years later...
Hello Adam, I'm writing to you from Canada. This is a long-shot but I'm wondering if you might be able to help. We, too, had a copy of the poster "A Year in the Life of a Walnut Tree" complete with 50 images and French tractor which I believe dated from the mid-'70s. My husband gave it to my stepson in London a number of years ago and it was treasured by him. While Oliver was moving house recently, the moving van was stolen together with many important personal items and memories including this poster. I'd love to be able to replace it for him. Were you ever able to track down the name of the artist or a copy of the poster? Sincerely, Lael

A search gave this - no image

http://www.auction-net.co.uk/viewAuction.php?id=1465&offset=0

item 18

δ Paul Aston

(Contemporary)

"A YEAR IN THE LIFE OF A WALNUT TREE"

signed and inscribed

colour collotype

69 x 49cms; 27 1/4 x 19 1/4in. £60-90

Lael - Welcome to the forum, I hope Pomme's link works for you.

As you'll realise this is an old thread, and I don't think any of the posters still post on here. Maybe Labezarderie (?) posts on another forum.

I think Anton returned to live in the UK a few years ago.

Hoping you replace your picture.

[quote user="la bezarderie"]

Sorry FK but you really are missing the point of the cycle of life.  Having just returned from the days stint of picking up cider apples (3 tonne this year) and stripping the chilli pepper plants (enough to supply a small country) I'm having trouble matching your whimsicality.

Not a dominatrix but defnitely grumpy old woman because my back hurts. Never mind, will be dark earlier tonight so can curl up with a seed catalogue and plan to do it all over again next year.

[/quote]

I do believe that if you took time off from being grumpy that you would see the trees for the leaves?

" I hope they will! but when me trees stop crying, I shall I start to cry!" 

You might realise that if the 'trees stopped crying' every year then they would have cried their last. If you can't leave your grumpy behind then you may try holding your posts until you can instead of diving in and looking silly [kiss][kiss]?

Sorry for going off topic but I need to ask a favour of nomoss.

Nomoss, if you haven't read my plea on the Rugby thread, could you please send me instructions on how to make a live link, please?

Please PM or put it on here so that others, as clueless as I am, might also benefit?

I have a memory blank and have forgotten your previous detailed instructions![:-))]

if [quote user="mint"]Sorry for going off topic but I need to ask a favour of nomoss.

Nomoss, if you haven't read my plea on the Rugby thread, could you please send me instructions on how to make a live link, please?

Please PM or put it on here so that others, as clueless as I am, might also benefit?

I have a memory blank and have forgotten your previous detailed instructions![:-))]

[/quote]

I don't know if it works for everyone, but I put [url] before the link and the same square brackets around /url after the link.

Thanks, nomoss.  YES, that was it, I remember it now and will go back to the rugby thread and make the link live though by now I am sure everybody in the whole rugby world has heard the story.

Apologies to everyone following a year in the life of a walnut tree.  Sorreeee, I love the nuts roasted but know next to nothing about the lives of the trees that produce them![:D]

I printed this off some time ago - still have to check it now and again [8-)]

[url]https://www.phpbb.com/community/faq.php?mode=bbcode[/url]

Incidentally, if you click on "Quote" for a post containing a live link you can see how it is constructed when it appears in the Message box..

I always highlight the link and copy it. Then if you look at the line of symbols above the text box (where you trype in yer text to reply) second from the right is a tiny globe with a triple chain link below it, click on there and copy your link in there and click on OK. If you want to highlight it in the post hen underline it while it's highlighted

Job done  http://www.meteofrance.com/previsions-meteo-france/paris-01e-arrondissement/75001

Comme ça

[quote user="Jonzjob"]I always highlight the link and copy it. Then if you look at the line of symbols above the text box (where you trype in yer text to reply) second from the right is a tiny globe with a triple chain link below it, click on there and copy your link in there and click on OK. If you want to highlight it in the post hen underline it while it's highlighted

Job done  http://www.meteofrance.com/previsions-meteo-france/paris-01e-arrondissement/75001

Comme ça

[/quote]

That never worked for me using WXP and Firefox. I now have W7, still Firefox, will try again, here:

EDIT  Copied a link into the box, it appeared there, clicked OK.

Still just a blank space. Any ideas, John?