Undelivery

Lindnarden

We ordered some dumbells over the internet for my wife's Pilates business about five weeks ago - despite a 48 hour delivery promise they are yet to arrive. The company maintains it is the fault of La Poste who were responsible for the delivery and canot therefore do anything until they complete their investigation....La Poste are not whipping through their investigation post haste- can I legally just ask for the delivery to be cancelled and obtain a refund from the original company.

NB my record thus far after two years in France is some woodstain ordered from Castorama via the internet which arrived not in the 48 hours promised but after 12 weeks.

Is it a French company? If so, read the company's terms and conditions. Cancelling and getting a refund may require you firing off registered letters to enable the refund. Otherwise, what Yorky suggests may well work - it's just that I know things work differently with French-issued cards / suppliers.

It is annoying isn't it.

My brother ordered a book for my birthday in April I got it two weeks ago and it was damaged. Luckily they accepted a photo of the damage and are sending another and we have been gifted the damaged one thereby saving the post on returning it.

Very annoying is Barclaycard who are sending cards with a UK carrier that then gives the delivery in France to DHL and it goes like this...

Message on answerphone in very very quick French - We have a package for you and cannot find your house please telephone XXXXXXXXX Sophie at DHL.

After spending an hour deciphering the telephone number I ring and get Sophies email number to fax a map of how to find my house.

I fax the map to Sophie.

Next day get another garbled message - I spent ages listening to it and ring a different number for DHL and Christabell says please email a map to me. I explain I sent one to Sophie yesterday. Sorry Christabell says Sophie isn't here and I cannot see her emails.

This carries on for a week with different ladies calling each day.

So I ring the DHL helpline at 40 cents per minute finally a helpful chap says he will sort it out. ( Idid think it was all a ruse to earn money on a premium rate line.)

It all restarts so I ignore the next six answerphone messages - so I think stuff it. It works they stop ringing me.

Spoke to BarclayCard and explained - they said we will send another!! That was a week ago - still no answerphone messages...

UPS on the other hand have found me unaided and I get nextday parcels from them.

Happy days.

[quote user="Dog"]

Very annoying is Barclaycard who are sending cards with a UK carrier that then gives the delivery in France to DHL .[/quote]

The European division of the printer we use to print our books is in Milton Keynes.  We order the books, they print them and then give them to DHL for delivery to France.  From what I gather, DHL subcontracts the deliveries once the cartons arrive in France.  They get to a warehouse in Toulouse and are then supposed to go to an address in Pamiers.  There have been major cockups with the last five or six shipments, with one box winding up at an optometry office in Pamiers.  They were quite confused as to why someone shipped them a box of science fiction books and all the same title to boot!

We were lucky that they didn't just toss them out, and our associate was able to go and pick them up.  Heaven knows what happened to the box for which THEY were waiting!

PG

[quote user="Russethouse"]

>>>DHL subcontracts the deliveries once the cartons arrive in France.<<<

TNT attemped to get our business and one of the deciding factors was that DHL DO NOT sub contract while TNT apparently do - I'll be cross if they have told us porkies..........

[/quote]

I checked with Mr. Possum who says he doesn't know about ALL of France, but the definitely do down here.

PG

...and they do in C-M as well. I had some very important work documents DHL-ed from Paris to me last year, in order to have a phone conversation with a client  in Paris about some urgent work. It took about 3 days for the docs to arrive, and they turned up with a man in a van which certainly wasn't a DHL van, and although suposedly "local" I still had to talk him to our house over the phone from about 8Km away.......

I recently had some stuff picked up in Finisterre on the Tuesday and it was here Wednesday before 9 am - cost a fortune (because it was a pick up rather than us being the originator) so we wouldn't do it again but we we have a daily pick up, usually to the Middle East or Europe - so far so good, and we have dealt with them for over 10 years - take as you find.

Apologies to the OP - we have strayed from the original question.

[quote user="PossumGirl"][quote user="Dog"] Very annoying is Barclaycard who are sending cards with a UK carrier that then gives the delivery in France to DHL .[/quote]

The European division of the printer we use to print our books is in Milton Keynes. We order the books, they print them and then give them to DHL for delivery to France. From what I gather, DHL subcontracts the deliveries once the cartons arrive in France. They get to a warehouse in Toulouse and are then supposed to go to an address in Pamiers. There have been major cockups with the last five or six shipments, with one box winding up at an optometry office in Pamiers. They were quite confused as to why someone shipped them a box of science fiction books and all the same title to boot!

We were lucky that they didn't just toss them out, and our associate was able to go and pick them up. Heaven knows what happened to the box for which THEY were waiting!

PG
[/quote] Which printer is that in Milton Keynes I don't know of any book printers there?

JUST FOR EASE OF READING

[quote user="Dog"][quote user="PossumGirl"][quote user="Dog"]

Very annoying is Barclaycard who are sending cards with a UK carrier that then gives the delivery in France to DHL .[/quote]

The European division of the printer we use to print our books is in Milton Keynes. We order the books, they print them and then give them to DHL for delivery to France. From what I gather, DHL subcontracts the deliveries once the cartons arrive in France. They get to a warehouse in Toulouse and are then supposed to go to an address in Pamiers. There have been major cockups with the last five or six shipments, with one box winding up at an optometry office in Pamiers. They were quite confused as to why someone shipped them a box of science fiction books and all the same title to boot!

We were lucky that they didn't just toss them out, and our associate was able to go and pick them up. Heaven knows what happened to the box for which THEY were waiting!

PG

[/quote]

Which printer is that in Milton Keynes I don't know of any book printers there?[/quote]