More strikes and a warning

Topped up this morning with very little queue. It seems that the stuff is being trucked in from Belgium as well as coming out of the fuela depots and the startegic reserve.

The CGT are playing a very dangerous game which has more to do with the future direction of the union than the law El Khomri.

Tried to reply to this earlier, but the system lost it before it was stored!  Grrr.

I would not be at all surprised that if it continues there will not be a counter  demonstration by drivers, who will only tolerate the situation for so long.  Here we have no alternative to the car - no buses, and stations at least 20-30 mins drive away (by car!).  I also suspect that down here trips across the border will happen, or indeed, that fuel will be supplied from there. ... and I do not see the government backing down at the moment, they do not have a great deal more to give away before changing the law will become completely inutile!

Just in case you're still reading this thread, and in case it's of use, I responded to another thread with the following link to an interactive map showing where fuel is and isn't available, and the link also contains a further link to an app you can download.

http://www.tf1.fr/tf1/auto-moto/pages/automoto-carte-interactive-stations-essence-france.html

Betty the link only shows some fuel stations - the three nearest supermarkets to me are not shown nor are the independents.

This morning the nearest supermarket had petrol but no diesel and looking on your link those shown have no diesel.

PaulT if you read it, this is a real-time app, updated by real people, so I'm not suggesting it's perfect, nor that it covers every petrol station in France. Naturally, if you live somewhere you will know and be able to find local stations with supplies. It's of far more use, I suspect, to those undertaking longer journeys and travelling through unfamiliar areas.

"My local garage is fine" is sod all use in these situations.

If you read the overview, it suggests that 4,700 (from memory) of about 11,000 (again, from memory) stations in France have problems. So, less than half. But still a significant number.

We had a static line of cars right through town this morning, people going about their normal business plus others seeking petrol from garages which had run out. Most of those I passed had their engines running, while stuck there for ages.

More strike info; not always an accurate source, but worth a read I think:

http://www.thelocal.fr/20160525/heres-how-youll-be-affected-by-frances-upcoming-strikes

Edit: sorry, my ipad won't put a live link.

[quote user="You can call me Betty"]PaulT if you read it, this is a real-time app, updated by real people, so I'm not suggesting it's perfect, nor that it covers every petrol station in France. Naturally, if you live somewhere you will know and be able to find local stations with supplies. It's of far more use, I suspect, to those undertaking longer journeys and travelling through unfamiliar areas.

"My local garage is fine" is sod all use in these situations.

If you read the overview, it suggests that 4,700 (from memory) of about 11,000 (again, from memory) stations in France have problems. So, less than half. But still a significant number.[/quote]

Was not criticising your posting just pointing out that not all garages are shown......but from it if you need diesel there are problems.