Fillon versus LePen

NormanH

But, Gluey, Bagehot's language is so much more elegant!

I accidentally came upon his grave once in Langport in Somerset and I was quite thrilled to see it.

It's a bit like the bible, there are many, many versions of it but, for me, only the King James will do.  And no, I am far from being a bible fanatic but I love bits of it for the elegance and poetry of its language[:)]

[quote]I am far from being a bible fanatic but I love bits of it for the elegance and poetry of its language[/quote]

Me too, Minty! [:D]

Same with Will's work; and Dickens, as well as much Victorian literature.

Just re-read, after quite a few years, Thomas Armstrong's epic book, The Crowthers of Bankdom.

I made the big mistake of lending my original paperback to my late Mum in Law. Who probably gave it away.....

Mrs Gluey, recently, managed to find a hardback copy and secretly bought it for me. Bless her!!

Wonderful grammar, syntax, and prose at times.

And this was written in the 1940s.

Thanks Gluestick for that delightful musical interlude, but, returning to our topic – and having watched the disgraceful Cazeneuve preening himself alongside the most powerful person in the western world before the assorted media, all delighted to have something new to describe, I then read this :

https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/9174/france-decomposing

and wondered what we should all take from it ? Are the Gendarmes and the Police simply cowards ? Or are they merely racists/homophobists/panicists/fascists/extreme-right wingerists or what ?

Is the article a panic-generating operation, as was the freaking (that is not meant to be a synonym, BTW) panicists bleating for Remain ? (I see “Britain's most influential historian Niall Ferguson” aw the world famous has admitted “'I was wrong about Brexit!'”).

What’s next in line for us all ?