Private messages

[quote user="NormanH"]How do you send a pm now?

The old method of clicking on the 'pm' under the members name no longer works for me.

I get a screen it's true but the message just comes back to me rather than going to the member.

[/quote]

I am beginning to think this is happening to me as well. On the list of PMs sent the recipients name does not appear, all I see is n/a

[quote user="PatHCA"]Perhaps it would have been better to have checked that out first rather than posting a comment critical of the intended recipients[/quote]

Hmmmm, and that as far as I am concerned is a very unfair comment.

I suppose most of us have an expectation that it is working, and that we are not being replied to for what so ever the reason, the only one that we do not usually consider is that it never got through in the first place and just how would we know if it did or not????

I do not blame Cendrillon for wondering what was happening and being frustrated. (edit had initially posted GG, sorry GG for that)

Um............I don't want to sound complacent but I was so intrigued by this thread that I have just checked my PMs.  All is as usual, all to view though I must admit I haven't sent one to anybody.

Could be you are using one of those "devices" instead of just the ordinary ordi?

Select : Settings

(Should give you)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to the Community Server Administration Control Panel

Using the administration control panel you can manage all aspects of Community Server.

Select:

•  |Home
(Should give you)

FranceForum

Forum Groups

Active|Unanswered

| Not Read

|

My Forums|Private Messages

Select: Private Messages

But once logged in, on pad or puter and on the main page, there is always private messages.

HOWEVER, I have used private messages and messages have not got through, of that I am sure.

Let us face it, this board never/rarely performs as it should...... but it is the only one I go on, so put up with it.