the new French government

mint

I understand that the remaniement is going to be widespread.  Richard Ferrand will be going and, to my surprise Sylvie Goulard who was once thought to be a possible candidate for the job of prime minister.

Anyone any thoughts, knowledge, comment?

I see............hmmmm, still, looking on the bright side, it could be that Macron does mean what he said about not having anyone with "history" in his government?

They'll better all be squeaky clean when they are unveiled to us tomorrow.

A bit worrying that very low turnout, especially the second round.

Sylvie resigned because she has caught the morals of Euro MEPs who believe that they should be above suspicion, so she brings a breath of fresh air into French politics.

Ferrand is a clever move since he is no longer a Minister, but has been promoted to something like chief whip, a post that will be very important given the diverse origins of the party.

There is a bit of a shadow over Bayrou,  since if Gouland is implicated so might he be; but since Macron's own party has a majority even without the Modem.

Some cynics have even suggested that now he is President and has a majority Macron wouldn't be too upset to see the back of Bayrou who has the reputation of being a pain in the neck

I agree about Macron perhaps being secretly glad to be shot of Bayrou.  He needed Bayrou to back him for the presidential before he knew how his new movement was going to pan out.

After that Bayrou started making demands and making noises of dissatisfaction.............would that we could always be so easily be rid of people giving us the pips[:D][:P]

So far, Macron seems to lead a charmed political life