Summer time begins today

1st July, France begins to go on holiday; roads full, ice cream being eaten, beaches filling, full of anticipation for good times. And Le Tour is underway, a bit different this year as the teams are one man smaller and there seem to be fewer time trials - an attempt to beat Chris Froome who is having a lousy season anyway.

My favourite time.

And a new President, gives a ray of hope for a while.

[quote user="NormanH"]I wish some one had told the weather...

See if is going to rain in the next hour or so chez vous:

[/quote]

Indeed NormanH, been more like spring than summer today.  Had to grab the washing off the line when it was blowing and drying so well, when it decide to rain - again!

And I don't know about busier roads ... they've been horrible here for some time.

[quote user="woolybanana"]And Le Tour is underway, a bit different this year as the teams are one man smaller and there seem to be fewer time trials - an attempt to beat Chris Froome who is having a lousy season anyway. [/quote]

No, the teams are the same size this year... 9 riders.

[quote user="woolybanana"]Thank you, Derak, hadn't realised that the organisers had gone back to the original format.[/quote]

It all got a bit confusing wooly, I think it will come in next year, maybe.

Horrible conditions today but Sky are now in the driving seat (no done deal though). Great ride by Geraint and Sky now have 4 riders in the top 10, that puts a lot of pressure on the other teams... plus Froome has now a useful lead over the other GC contenders.

Bad new that Valverde and Izagirre are out. I don't like Valverde but he is always good value to set things alight.