Have I missed something ? Where has mint gone ?

Just specially for you, Eric[:)]

Is dorénavant completely changeable with désormais?  Or are there occasions when one is more appropriate than the other?  For example, is one used more often in conversation than in writing?

à toi, Eric!

Sorry, hadn't returned to this thread since knowing all was well with mint ....

Alors ....... p'tete ben oui , p'tete ben non (as they say in Normandie) .....

Without having pondered on it much, I would say yes, the meaning is the same .......

Family, dorénavant nos douches se prendront le soir ! (statement) car il n'y a pas d'eau pendant la journée.

Family, désormais il nous faudra prendre nos douche le soir ....car, il n'y a pas d'eau pendant la journée.

But you can also use désormais/dorénavant in either statement so .... I would say yes, one can be used instead of the other and vice-versa.

If in doubt, use another adverb.

Thank you, Eric........and I feel emboldened to toss one or the other off avec insouciance[:)]

Désormais is easier to say for me but never let it be said that I "never get out of my comfort zone"...nasty, trite phrase which  should be avoided by all self-respecting folk.

There, thrown another controversial statement out there so please attack at will; goodness knows the Forum needs livening up[:P]