Ban Black Sunday oops, Friday

Some French députés have been talking of banning Black Sunday as it is not fair competition and increases consumption unnecessarily. They did not quite say that it was unFrench but that was the implication.

All part of the great French illusion, I reckon.

Now, I think the whole the whole idea, imported from the good old US of A is utter nonsense and stupid, but that is not grounds for banning it.

My strategy is simply to ignore it, unlike Norman who was in the queue this morning to get waterproofing paint for his barrels at 50% off.

What does anyone think, ban or ignore?

IF you mean the big sale day, then it is good.

Sales have been far too regulated in France as it is, and a bargain is a bargain, especially as people are xmas shopping.

These deputes should get their heads out of their culs and understand that lots of people should be able to get a bargain.

Happened to see a Black Friday ad for dog treats which was about 70% cheaper than my usual supermarket price. That is a good deal so have got some on the way.

Most of the stuff is very unattractive - what would I do with a narwhal horn, for Bobo’s sake!

Had finished my Xmas purchases anyway, more or less, except for doggies, so they will be relieved as they kept looking at the list and whining.

Good call Norman.

As to the banning of the event, it's just another example of 'nanny state' interference.

There are bargains to be had out there which can be found by adopting careful scrutiny. Also people need to live by the decisions they make, be they good or bad, without the state taking over that role.

[quote user="woolybanana"]Well, we know who you are not voting for![/quote]

Assuming you are referring to the forthcoming UK election and that I would be eligible to a vote, there is no way on earth I would cast that vote on behalf of Jeremy Corbyn, even if my life depended on it. Vote for him and you also get John McDonnell, one time deputy leader to Ken Livingstone on the GLC.

In the late seventies and early eighties I was resident in Islington where loony Margaret Hodge was leader of the council and Corbyn was and still is MP for the north of the borough.

I saw, first hand, what material they were woven from.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote user="cajal"]
[quote user="woolybanana"]Well, we know who you are not voting for![/quote]

Assuming you are referring to the forthcoming UK election and that I would be eligible to a vote, there is no way on earth I would cast that vote on behalf of Jeremy Corbyn, even if my life depended on it. Vote for him and you also get John McDonnell, one time deputy leader to Ken Livingstone on the GLC.
In the late seventies and early eighties I was resident in Islington where loony Margaret Hodge was leader of the council and Corbyn was and still is MP for the north of the borough.
I saw, first hand, what material they were woven from.
[/quote]

Don't you just love it when those that warrant it are seen to get their 'recevoir ce qu'ils  méritent' live before your very eyes.