Rural french dislike of Parisiens becomes worse !!

Here's this from today's Guardian - very interesting reading.

Now I know why my supermarket was running low on some items - pate de fois grasse, the oysters, the champers - and the toilet rolls !!!!....

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/18/thank-you-parisians-dont-bring-the-virus-plea-from-rural-france

I was more worried about family in UK rather than ourselves living here in bucolic france - until I read this - now I'm not feeling so safe !!! 

As if we don't have enough to worry about;  plus I've run out of ink for my printer to print the permit to make my escape from gumpy OH....

Chessie

From what I used to see, dumping kids on mamy and papy for the  vacances was usual.

In the Alpes, the lyonnais were not well thought of rather than the parisiens.  There was an expectation that the parisiens would act in a certain way, and the lyonnais would act like they 'knew' the mountains and usually didn't, so considered very arrogant by the savoyards at least. So obvious in the olde days with their 69 number on their cars.

When we were first scouting for a place to buy we stopped in a rural gite. I asked the owner if I could park our car in the space between the gite and the neighbouring cottage. "Please do", he replied. "The cottage belongs to Parisiens and it will really annoy them".