the pink paper French driving licence

mint

I seem to have always "known" that it lasts until 2033 so can someone tell me if my impression is correct?  Oh dear, memory not as it used to be.......[I]

I remember changing mine at the advice of ANother (who was called something else then) well before I had to when this topic came up for discussion.

Can someone please confirm how long the licence is valid for?  Thanks

[quote user="mint"]
I seem to have always "known" that it lasts until 2033 so can someone tell me if my impression is correct?  Oh dear, memory not as it used to be.......[I]

I remember changing mine at the advice of ANother (who was called something else then) well before I had to when this topic came up for discussion.

Can someone please confirm how long the licence is valid for?  Thanks

[/quote]

Don't worry too much. You've got another 12 years and 15 days [:D]

Pleased to see I've not been totally forgotten!

As I recall they were 'for life' but supposed to be exchanged for photocards by 2033 although with no address on them I always wondered just how they would go about actually contacting people who may have moved home a number of times.

Sadly I had to give mine up here in Spain where licences with no expiry date are not permitted.

Thanks for your answers, all your answers, and special thanks again to our Man in Spain[:)]

Chessfou, that is the only bugbear with the paper licence.  Unlike the CdS, it really does not fit in a normal wallet and is not of sturdy card, though it IS laminated.  Actually, I got mine out today to have a good look and, for the first time, I noticed that there is a little rectangle with no laminate for you to sign your name[:-))]

Maybe, like a passport, it is not valid until you have put your signature to it?