Luxury self-catering in France

altyfc

Hi everyone

I've left it late again (I know, I know..!) finding somewhere good in France for the summer holidays. Here's what we're after...

- something at the luxury end of the market (like to splurge a little nowadays when it comes to taking time out!)

- self-catering preferably

- in a nice location with plenty to see/do, nice places to eat, markets... that kind of thing

- somewhere that's not tooooooo far a drive (ie. not South of France) because we'll be driving from the north of England

- somewhere that has good facilities for children/families - our boys will be 6 and 4 at the time of travel (a swimming pool or nearby beach essential!)

We've previously holidayed in Brittany in the last few years - once at La Foret Fousenant (where the accommodation was a bit of a disaster) and once at Morgat (where the accommodation was OK, but still nothing special)

As far as dates are concerned, we would be looking at either end of August (probably little chance of finding somewhere good for then) or right at the beginning of July (hopefully a bit more chance, before most schools break up and hopefully when prices are fractionally lower, too).

Any suggestions, please?

Thanks a lot.

I've just booked a luxury chalet in a French ski resort for next February - to treat the family for my 60th birhtday celeb - Blimey - it ain't for the fainthearted- good job it'sonly once in a lifetime - still hope they'll enjoy the sauna and hottub!

altyfc

You always seem to be asking the same question, is this just a way of gleaning information for your website? There are plenty of companies who advertise gite holidays and last minute deals, Chez-Nous, Brittany Ferries, Owners Direct and French Connections are just a few, there are of course loads more. I am sure one of those will have something suitable.

I do hope you find what you are looking for.