BMI Baby - pulling out of Manchester flights!

Supawhytes

We are regular travellers to Bordeaux direct from Manchester with BMI Baby

We rang to enquire about flights in October - as we could not get any joy from their web site - only to be told that the direct route Manchester to Bordeaux was finishing for good in October!!

Has anyone heard this or have any other info - and - indeed - if this is the case does anyone have any alternative flights to Bordeaux / Toulouse direct from Manchester??

Lou & Michelle

The BMI Baby Manchester to Bordeaux flights are only usually available between March and mid October - they don't operate this route in the winter months.

Whenever I have used this service it has always seemed very busy, so I would be surprised if they are planning to stop it altogether.  Are you sure they said they were definitely cancelling this route?

Cheers

Clara

Just spoken to BMI Baby and was told that the Manchester to Bordeaux flights will stop running over the winter period (which we already knew) and there is no news about the route being dropped for next year. 

They say to take a look at the web site towards the end of October for more news.

Clara

[quote]Just spoken to BMI Baby and was told that the Manchester to Bordeaux flights will stop running over the winter period (which we already knew) and there is no news about the route being dropped for nex...[/quote]

Many thanks ClaraQ for putting my mind at rest - I'm afraid that despite ringing the BMI Baby helpline I still could not get them to confirm next years route will be ok - I'm glad you managed it!!

Thanks again

Lou

[quote]The BMI Baby Manchester to Bordeaux flights are only usually available between March and mid October - they don't operate this route in the winter months. Whenever I have used this service it has alw...[/quote]

I don't know what BMI Baby is up to.  They have also stopped winter flights from Nottingham East Midands to Toulouse in the winter too.  Of course this winter that will include the Easter period as 'winter' is up to the end of March.  The Toulouse flights are always full.  Toulouse is the 4th largest city in France and there are lots of Brit workers there at Airbus, plus all their visitors, all the 2nd homers and their visitors and the rugby teams!

Last year we got a good price going after Xmas and back after New Year, no flights at all this year!

Hi everyone

I've been quietly reading this forum for some months, and thought it was about time I joined in. Please be gentle with me and apologies in advance for any naive questions that I come up with.

We live about 5 miles from Nottingham East Midlands airport and have flown a lot with bmibaby - we have just booked to fly to Toulouse in January, so was surprised to read Llatony's post stating that they are not flying there this winter......cos they are!!  If you look on their website they're flying out twice a week on Wednesdays + Saturdays until the 20 something of March. The flights  over the Christmas and New Year must already be fully booked.

[quote]It's me again Sorry I should have added in reply to the original post regarding flights to Bordeaux direct from Manchester - bmibaby are continuing 2/3 flights out to Bordeaux from Nottingham East Mi...[/quote]

Stop press, BMI Baby were definitely not listing any Nottm-Toulouse flights a couple of months ago - I phoned them and they confirmed they were not flying in the winter.

However.... I've just found they have changed their minds and yes they are - so we've booked for a week after Xmas.   Wed to Wed isn't ideal but we are stuck with school hols (and I don't get much leave).

I never did write and complain - but perhaps other people did!  It's worth checking the Bordeaux route again too.

• 2 months later...

Not Hurrah yet, BMI Baby appear to have dropped the Toulouse route from E Midlands, no flights after March 205 can be booked at the moment, its the same for EasyJet from Gatwick.  Are these routes dropped or have they not yet decided on the timetable, no more info on either website.

if Ryanair pull out of Rodez or Montpellier it will be back to the Ferry for trips to the UK

We had an email from bmibaby last week to say that all Summer 2005 flights from East Midlands were to be announced on 30 November (and from their other airports between December 1 - 3). I looked at the EMA timetable online on that date and saw that although they have flights to Toulouse, Bordeaux, Nice and Paris from now until March 2005, after that date until the end of October 2005, they are ONLY FLYING TO PARIS from EMA!!! Bang goes my week in Nice at Easter!!!!

It also looks as if they've dropped all flights to Toulouse next summer from all airports, but are continuing next summer with ;

Birmingham to Nice only, and Manchester to Bordeaux only.

I always thought these 'no-frills' airlines were a bit fickle and ought not to be relied on.

I've just been on the bmibaby website again and noticed I made an error above;

Birmingham have flights to both Nice AND Bordeaux next summer -sorry B'gham!

Also just to clarify I've only been referring to bmibaby flights to France, just in case anyone wanted to go to Prague, Malaga, Geneva etc................................!!??