What happened to cheap flights?

Llantony

Just phoned BMI who confirm the only flights Nottm - France next summer are to Charles de Gaulle.  Checked Flybe from Brum to Toulouse and its over £200 each for Spring Bank Holiday week.   Add cost of airport parking (don't need at Nottingham) and car hire, it makes an expensive holiday in our own French house.  EasyJet don't seem to have anything available yet. Skyscanner has nothing affordable. 

Oh dear, it's a helluva drive for a week!

Anyone know how expensive and complicated it would be to fly to Paris and train to Toulouse?

Any suggestions?  (early retirement not an option yet!)

Mari

This is bad news

It would appear BMI baby are not flying to Toulouse from E Midlands from the end of March 2005.  Neither are EasyJet showing any flights from Gatwick after that date and they have two flights a day

It does not say on either airline's site that either of them are stopping flights to/from  Toulouse but the timetables only go up to 26 March.  Has anything officially been said about Toulouse, my experience of these flights is that they are relatively well used.

[quote]This is bad news It would appear BMI baby are not flying to Toulouse from E Midlands from the end of March 2005. Neither are EasyJet showing any flights from Gatwick after that date and they have t...[/quote]

It would appear BMI baby are not flying to Toulouse from E Midlands from the end of March 2005.  Neither are EasyJet showing any flights from Gatwick after that date and they have two flights a day

Not certain, but I don't think Easyjet have released their fares for that period yet.  They only issue 6 month's at a time, and although I have received e-mails telling me other routes are now on sale, I seem to remember that Gatwick-Toulouse was one of the last to be released last time.

Could that also be the case with BMI Baby?

Judy      47 Lot-et-Garonne

www.faysselle.com

I hope that you are right Judy and the apparent stopping of flights is only due to the lack of summer timetables as yet for these routes from the carriers.  What worried me was the first posting on this topic, which stated that BMI baby had said on the phone that they were not flying to Toulouse next year.  I also tried to book a flight from Toulouse to E Midlands in July 2005 only to be referred to their "where we fly to section   Perhaps we need to wait until after Christmas and hope that this is only a case of "The computer says NO!!" 

if you are interested in East Midlands have you looked at Coventry?  It seems to be developing more and more.  Thomson is operating flights out of there, I don't know what they are like, but I have booked for Christmas for 245 euros for two including tax.  Although it is for Lyon, so perhaps not all that helpful for Toulouse this time, it might be worth keeping an eye on if they open other routes in the future.

Thanks for replies.

I think Easyjet summer timetables may not be out yet, so perhaps the info on cancelled routes is a bit premature.  We did phone BMI tho, who confirmed no flights except to C de G.  However, they stopped Toulouse flights this winter (again confirmed by phone) and then changed their minds.  So I don't want to choose an expensive option, only to find they do the same for summer!

[quote]Just phoned BMI who confirm the only flights Nottm - France next summer are to Charles de Gaulle. Checked Flybe from Brum to Toulouse and its over £200 each for Spring Bank Holiday week. Add cost o...[/quote]

Have you thought about www.ryannair.com

Not sure which weekend is spring bank holiday, but most weekends in May, Stanstead - Carcassone, seem about 50 pound each. Accept you'd have to drive down to Stsd, but maybe this is an option. Would think it's simple to get a bus, train to Toulouse from Carcassone.

Also, they do East Midlands - Girona. This must be approx Hour and a half from Toulouse. Then I suppose it's hire a car, or train to Perpignan and then change. Really don't know whether you can get to Toulouse direct from Girona, but maybe someone else knows!.

[quote]Have you thought about www.ryannair.com Not sure which weekend is spring bank holiday, but most weekends in May, Stanstead - Carcassone, seem about 50 pound each. Accept you'd have to drive down to...[/quote]

Ryanair fly to Montpellier and Rodez also, both accessible to Toulouse and probably easier than Carcosonne, but the problem is that Ryanair haven't published their summer imetable yet either

[quote]Ryanair fly to Montpellier and Rodez also, both accessible to Toulouse and probably easier than Carcosonne, but the problem is that Ryanair haven't published their summer imetable yet either[/quote]

Don't know if I'm wrong as maps are in car, but I really thought Carcassone was nearer Toulouse than Montpellier! Also you can book for next May "maintenant"!!!

Does anybody "out there" beg to differ?

• 1 month later...