LD lines

Tieman

While many of you may have looked up earlier, having just received their e mail "mail shot" I thought I'd price things up for 1/2 term in October.

The £350 return fair I was given is more than £100 higher (excluding BF owners club discount of 5% on that offer) than the P/mth-chbrg return both ways on N/die Exprss I booked on Sep 20 (and I think still available?).

LD Lines dress the wording up as a promotional fair for the new route! I think they may have to try a little harder?

Tieman (3 weeks and counting!)

http://www.aferry.to/LD-Lines-ferry-ferries.htm

[quote]Oops Tieman - I think you may have misspelt your name there - but maybe your true feelings came across instead! Valerie[/quote]

A Freudian slip of the finger (honest!) which I've now edited and have added tieman to the spellcheck!

To ere is human.

Tieman

[quote]I was still wondering what part of the rich tapestry of human existence was covered by the word 'ere'. Now I realise that it was a case of multiple irony.[/quote]

Dick

Nothing as complex, more a case of big fingers, small keys and no proof reading!

Tieman

Oh I don't think I agree about this one, I think it has entered the language, we all know what comes next, the meaning isn't lost. It happens all the time with proverbs, it is just a sign of the language evolving. I think it is a case of cultural shared knowledge. I mean nobody leaps in and shouts Hamlet if somebody says "neither a borrower, nor a lender be".

[quote]Oh I don't think I agree about this one, I think it has entered the language, we all know what comes next, the meaning isn't lost. It happens all the time with proverbs, it is just a sign of the lang...[/quote]

Thanks, you've voiced almost exactly my nearly but not posted thoughts.

In the end I just couldn't be arrsed to try dragging a pedantic, anal retentive, linguistically into the early part of the 21st century!

Tieman

[quote]Thanks, you've voiced almost exactly my nearly but not posted thoughts. In the end I just couldn't be arrsed to try dragging a pedantic, anal retentive, linguistically into the early part of the 21st...[/quote]

Has this got some connection with the medical technics used to examine the male prostate gland?