French view of top districts to live

Perhaps it's something to do with where one was brought up.  I miss British moorland the most, being a Pendle witch myself.[:)]

I used to spend my holidays in my great aunt's house overlooking Newbiggin bay.  Stunning, and I love it, but the sea never grabbed me the way endless open countryside does.

Sorry about the topic drift, chaps!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="idun"]

Cathy how hot does it get in summer in the Gironde?[/quote]

Depends where you are in the Gironde.  There are a number of naturist beaches...  Also you should see the life guards...

Seriously, it is hot here as we are some way south.  We regularly hit over 30 - degrees, that is,

[quote user="woolybanana"]You can afford it![/quote]

Perhaps but I will have to sell the chateau first.  Not only that, the exchange rate will have to be a bit more favourable to sterling.  Anyway, I have promised the OH that I won't talk exchange rates tonight, having had to buy a chunk of euros at today's rubbishy rate.

Wools, if you were to leave the Vendée, where would you go?  Go on, you can tell us!

Cathy, cannot do the heat anymore, I never really could and 25 is about as much as I can stand. That heatwave about 5/6 years ago was toooooo much for me, I really do not like hot weather at all. Where we used to live was regularly as hot as anywhere in France in mid summer.

Reflecting I know that I shall miss the winters in the Alpes, they were not only beautiful, but the cold was usually dry and it was a good time of year for me.

http://www.lexpress.fr/palmares/palmares-depart-ideal/resultat-general.asp

As to where would the Banana go, not really considered that one yet: Well, I might go and sponge off the kids in Belgium, or go to Portugal, or even go and hide put in Somerset, within sight of Ham Hill, though I might have to kick Normie out of his barrel and take that with me as a home! The problem is that, having spent most of my life abroad, I am not sure I can settle in UK as it is just another foreign place to me. At least the dogs speak English.

Of course, there is Crete or Southern Italy.

Trouble is, they are full of those damned, illegal bananas which cause so much trouble. They sit on street corners waiting for people to slip on them. and nowadays, I gather that certain ladies have them as 'manservants' to perform those little extra tasks that a girl needs sometimes. Just hideous. No, we are very much Cunard Bananas and have become quite a favourite with the children who love their banana cunard dessert.[6]