Why are FlyBe so expensive!!

ali-cat

I have been trawling, for hours, through all the airline sites for cheap flights to Bordeaux or Bergerac & have discovered that we can only make connecting flights with FlyBe, from Belfast.  What really gets me is the cost of their added on taxes - they appear to be 2 or 3 times the likes of Easyjet & BabyBMI etc.  Maybe I'm missing something - if so, could someone please explain.  I'm confused, cross-eyed & exhausted!! Not a good look!!!

I totally agree with you on the ridiculously high fares being charged by Flybe.  They need to watch out now that Easy Jet will be flying to Toulouse from Bristol and with people having the option to fly to Bordeaux with a very reasonable BMI from Birmingham the south west of France is well covered for people living in the Midlands and west of England.  Not only are their fares more expensive but they also charge for checked in baggage.  I don't understand their business model at all - are they a low cost airline or not?

I live close est to Bristol so flybe's flight to bergerac is ideal for me but i cant see that a "fare" of £7.50 for early booking is anything other than a 'sprat to catch a Mackerel' as we say down here. look at your total travel cost rather than the headline price.