Can You Contact Your Local Maire Online?

I've just bought a house in Gironde and wondered if you can contact the local Marie online?

I've been over twice now but I've never managed to get anyone in.

The village is very small and I understand that it will not be occupied all the time.

I would like to meet/contact the mayor just to let him know who I am.

Some of the Mairie's do indeed have email addresses - but in my experience don't expect to get a reply! The site mentioned above should also give you the opening times - far better to arrange it so you can go along in person.

At the risk of kicking off the "should you shouldn't you introduce yourself" debate, we did and the secretary and Maire were delighted......

Ours is a small commune of about 110 people - I think it makes more sense when you are likely to bump into the Maire on a regular basis.

Lou

The mairie in most very small communes will only be open once or twice a week for a couple of hours each time, at least ours is. [:)] There should be a norice-board or something at the mairie, giving the opening hours and contact details. 

PS The word is mairie - Marie is a woman's name. [:D]

Well, I got in touch with a lovely little Marie on line, a little Welsh Marie actually who offered to mark my card, and to come round and let me see the full range of services on offer. Bang on time she came as arranged. That Marie had so much more than ever met the eye, in fact it was a real eye opener!

My little commune of 125 houses has a quarterly newsletter from the mairie in which contact details via phone and email are given.

I sent an email in early November just checking that I was not alone in not having received the taxe habitation bill and got a very quick reply saying that we were on the December payment date and to contact them again if I had not received anything by the end of the month (I did so I didn’t).

Very helpful.

[quote user="cooperlola"]

[quote user="woolybanana"]Well, I got in touch with a lovely little Marie on line[/quote]Good.  Just so long as somebody is looking after her.

Sorry, o/p.  Did you find the e-mail address?

[/quote]

I got the email address from the site you mentioned.

Thanks!