House insurer wants me to sign a document

JohnRoss

Anybody else have house insurance with Groupama and received a document to sign and return to them recently? It refers to article 80 of the law of the 1st August 2003 and civil responsibility. There is something about not being covered for bad things happening after the date of cancellation or expiry or which the assured knew about at the date of taking out the insurance. When would this not be the case?

It talks about limiting the cover for an inexcusable fault and excluding damages for exposure to asbestos products. It also mentions  not covering damages due to genetically modified organisms. Not really sure what all this means in practice, any ideas?...........JR  

No it came in October and to be honest I ignored it as I thought it was some sort of advert. They chased me for a signed copy of the document which was sent off to them this week. Our policy is renewed in April. I have recently asked them about our liability if one of our trees fell in a storm and took out power lines or telephone lines or someone in a passing car but that was well after the original letter was received so I don't think there is any connection there.........................JR

PS In the covering letter that came with the document to be signed it says "Ajourd'hui, nous vous adressons une lettre de rappel des dispositions de votre contrat RC DIVERSES AGRICOLES" which is the heading on the document to be signed which means little to me!

JR, I was taking your name in vain in connection with the subject of poêles à pétrole as you gave me so much advice in the past when I was thinking of buying one.

Then crossy thought you might be one of these snap-on men and someone kindly explained what the term meant.

Anyway, I am sorry you are flummoxed about this insurance thingy and I have also now had answers to my question about the maintenance of my heaters.

So I just hope you get your query answered.