Which Airline

Pauline

Bmi Baby should have started there summer timetable, pending on where abouts your looking for houses consider Bordeaux, lovely airport good motorway links and tends to be cheaper than Toulouse but no good if your heading East, from personal experience avoid Liverpool Airport like the plague [:P] really slow in getting through customs with all the cheap flights, 2 hours of waiting in hell!!!!!!!!!! even if the flights are cheap (but no cheaper then Bmi Baby)

Edit

Just looked at Jet2 prices are competitive if you pick the right days but you arrive a 10pm at night which is alright if you know where your going but a bit of a pain if you don't so on balance I'd stick with Bmi Baby

Jet2com also fly to Toulouse from Leeds and the flight is a much more civilised hour

We are looking at this as an alternative to Stanstead to Pau which is the nearest airport to our place in mountains.

Plan is fly out from Leeds and return to Manchester, this way we make most use of the time. Fortunately we can get lifts from the kids to and fro. (time to get our own back)

We live in the Peak District so getting to Stanstead is a bit of a pain.

Prices dont look too bad either but seems to depend on when you book.

Brian

Should have been a bit clearer , I meant east of Toulouse to house hunt (doh) there is of course some very stylish sand dunes west of Bordeaux but not much classic french housing[;-)] I was still thinking of how awful Liverpool Airport is, I lose all sense of reasoning oh and then if I think of Toulouse's ring road I always seem to get dreadfully lost as I fast head for the Spanish border as MOH says am I safe to be let loose in SW France on my own in a hire car. keep it simple, Manchester to Bordeaux I know where I'm going then!