Dog-friendly hotel or chambres

mint

Can anyone please recommend a hotel or B & B north of Rouen en route to the tunnel in Calais where our little dog could stay with us?

The idea of going via the tunnel is so that she would not be separated from us, therefore we would prefer a place where she could be in our room for the night.

We expect to arrive early evening, have a meal out, and be on our way earlyish the following day.

Can guarantee that you wouldn't know she is there, no barking, no messing.

Don't mind paying a bit over the odds if needs be.

Many thanks; all recommendations gratefully appreciated.

The Campanile chain are fairly basic hotels but they do permitt dogs to stay with you in your rooms. Coming south we stay at the one in Tours le Jouet (not easy to find) which is next to a lake and wood which our lurcher feels might, just might, be full of deer and boars and stuff (it isn't but he travels in hope).

Thanks, Renaud.  Will be fine for just kipping.  Only trouble is, they are all the very devil to find, being located on industrial estates that make Timbucktoo seem like the hub of civilization.

Was hoping for a Logis hotel but, will be glad of a Campanile if all else fails.  As you say, main thing is doggy can stay with us.

Dear Sweet

We stayed in the Ibis in Abbeville. It is just off the A16. They were quite happy to accept our cross-collie for 5 euros extra and allowed her in the lounge and dining areas as well as the bedroom. There are reasonable grounds for doggy-walking too. There is a very good restaurant just up the road (we didn't fancy the Ibis menu) where the dog was also welcome, which you pass on the way to the hotel -located on the left as you drive into Abbeville in a shared drive with a clinic and Formula 1 hotel, just before the shopping Geant, a good place to fill up before hitting the ferry/tunnel.

Caroline

Caroline

Many thanks for your detailed post.  Nothing like personal recommendation.

Brian

I didn't know about inputting preferences in the selection bit.  Thank you.

I'll look at availability  for both Ibis and Logis and so on once I've booked tickets on Eurotunnel.

Such lovely, helpful people on the forum!  Where else could I have got information like this?