Are Ryanair going soft?

Northender

Just noticed that the Ryanair website will closed for new bookings , flight alterations and on-line check-ins from 22nd to 25th of February.

Don't worry if you're flying over that period -----

Online Check-in - passengers will not be able to check-in online between 01:00hrs on the 22nd February until 23:00hrs on the 25th February 2008. Passengers traveling on the 23/24/25 February who are unable to check-in online can check-in at the airport and will not be charged the airport check-in fee.

O'Leary must be having a few sleepless nights!!

Excellent news! Dealing with that misleading practice is long overdue.

Until about a year ago, my wife and I were big fans of Ryanair, flying with them between 6 and 10 times a year. But we got fed up of the misleading prices, the 'pay extra for this, that and the other' and the cattle-herding at airports.

Nowadays we happily give our hard-earned cash to the ferry companies, with Transmanche being our favourite.

And out of interest, it took us some time to realise that Ryanair's 'partners' Hertz (special prices for Ryanair customers) are actually more expensive than Europcar - who have desks at most French airports.

[quote user="Mel"]

And out of interest, it took us some time to realise that Ryanair's 'partners' Hertz (special prices for Ryanair customers) are actually more expensive than Europcar - who have desks at most French airports.

[/quote]

After reading this I thought I would check it out, (I don't like wasting money). so I went to Europcar and put in the same details that I put for my 'Ryanair' Hertz car; 1 week Sunday to Sunday, peugeot 207 and this is the result:

Hertz = £126.84

Europcar = £219.00

So I won't be changing!