Electron card

cowoman

I have looked into this very recently and although Electron cards are issued by various banks thay are directed mainly to 16-18 year olds opening a new account and students. If you can persuade your bank to issue one they may wish to close your existing cards. Now we can see why Ryanair make no charges for Electron cards as they do not wish to loose the student trade. For further information just Google Electron Visa Cards.

Maybe when the new EU rules for publishing transparent air fares comes into force at the beginning of next year this stupid nonsense of add ons by Ryanair and some other low cost carriers will finally cease and the fare you see is the fare you pay.

Baz

We went all through this on the last thread, if you take a look at the links I posted there you will see that their purpose varies from country to country - and they are not always for youngsters.

If I remember from the other thread correctly, anyone can purchase an Electron card from the UK post office......

[quote user="Russethouse"]

If I remember from the other thread correctly, anyone can purchase an Electron card from the UK post office......

[/quote]

Just a word of warning, my daughter was booking a flight on Friday with Ryannair and decided to visit TWO Post Offices to obtain a Visa Electron and they knew nothing about them. Maybe applying online is better: http://www.postoffice.co.uk/portal/po/jump1?catId=19300207&mediaId=26800661

Baz