weymouth or poole to st malo

woody234

Daughter uses it as she is Bournemouth based. Any rough weather forget it. If you're not a good sailor forget it. Book well in advance otherwise late bookings seem to double in price. Avoid Fri-Sat arrivals/Departures St Malo as they are anything from 1-3 hrs late. I think that just about sums it up. We use B.F.  to Cherbourg and drive down as we are based by St.Malo.

Regards

We have used Condor Ferries three times now (all in good weather and the fast ferry) and have found them great, good fast times, comfortable boats, the club class seating is well worth the £18, each time we have done Poole- St Malo and stopping off at Guernsey for drop-offs and pick-ups 1/2- 3/4 hour tops, and most of all we have not found them to expensive.

Our reason for not using them all the time is mostly the time table, Poole-St malo gets in 5.00+ pm and its just to late to travel down to our house that day, but we do travel back to UK with them because they depart late afternoon giving us time to travel up during the daylight. also they cannot fit our caravan on cos its 20cm to long!!! and Poole is not so easy to get to as Portsmouth for us!

[quote user="woody234"]...... also do all the cars have 2 come of then back on when they do the  drop offs at Guernsey[/quote]

All the sailings we have had all cars going through to France/UK stay put and the crossing takes about 4.5 hours, but there are some sailing that leave UK early morning arrive Jersey/Guernsey in 2.5 hours unload all vehicles then there is a 2-3 hour wait then all are loaded up again and on to France, you will know this when you book as there is a little red box that says 'READ ME' next to some sailings those are the ones that have this break in the middle!

Hope this helps[:)]

My daughter is regular Condor Weymouth/St.Malo user and it is very susceptible to bad weather.Her sailing this tuesday was cancelled and then sailed five hours later but only to Jersey  which she did not want to do as it meant arriving very late in France andthen having to drive home here so they booked her onto that night's BF crossing and she had to go to Portsmouth and pay the other £75 it cost extra. It takes just over 5 hours and you do not have to take your car off it you are making the long journey unless it is for a transfer in bad weather from Jersey to France by conventional boat or its the summer sailings whereby they do stop for upto 4 hours for onward transfer again but that is not advisable as especially in Guernsey there is hardly any parking and its not free. The prices are much cheaper than BF and for my girl working in Weymouth area means only a 15mins drive when she arrives rather than 2hours or more via Portsmouth or Plymouth.

Used condor Weymouth  to St'malo once which stopped at Guernsey i wouldn't want to go to Guernsey again no decent cheap eating places.The cars were packed so tight in the ferry mine had a big scratch down the side.Also Condors prices are a rip off i use LD lines now.