Seafrance booking system

David

Due to the Speedferries problems I have been trying to book a Seafrance Calais/Dover/Calais trip at the end of November.

I am getting on fine with the ferry times, but I want to pay in pounds with my UK debit card.  However, just because I am coming from France, the site seems to insist that I pay in Euros.

Is it possible to book a return ticket from Calais, but pay in pounds?

If not, this seems to be rather stupid - I am longing for the return of the simple Speedferries site where this was possible.

Thanks,

David

[quote user="David"]

I am getting on fine with the ferry times, but I want to pay in pounds with my UK debit card.  However, just because I am coming from France, the site seems to insist that I pay in Euros.[/quote]

But if you go ahead and use a UK debit card on the Seafrance site the sterling equivalent of the euro price should turn up on your UK statement, should it not? Or are you saying that the Seafrance site wont accept a foreign bank card? 

Sue

The Eurotunnel site does the same thing - very annoying.  Also, some other non-travel related sites (play.com springs to mind)  insist on Euro transactions if you have a French address, no matter where the bank is located and in which currency it normally operates.  In the latter case it's a software quirk and they blithly tell me there's nowt they can do about it.  Probably the same for Seefrance etc.  Nuts in this day and age.[:@]

Edit : Sue, the downside is you pay currency exchange costs which wouldn't be charged if you could pay in sterling (the latter being useful if that's what you're paid in!)

[quote user="cooperlola"]

Edit : Sue, the downside is you pay currency exchange costs which wouldn't be charged if you could pay in sterling (the latter being useful if that's what you're paid in!) [/quote]

Of course, silly me ...

Good job you're back to sort us out Coops. [:)]

Sue