Accommodation at Geneva Airport

mint

Please does anyone know the about airport hotels at Geneva?

I have found, on-line, the Nash Airport Hotel and the Hotel International Terminus.  Anyone can recommend either of these, or indeed others?

This is my travel problem.  I have booked a holiday in Les Contamines and I know I can get a coach to and from Les Contamines from Geneva airport.  I also know that I can fly Easyjet Bordeaux - Geneva on the dates I want.

However (isn't there always a "however"), I need to be in Geneva Airport at certain times in order to take advantage of the hotel coach.  If I miss the coach, I am faced with 2 trains, neither of which is convenient for my flight times.

Therefore, my thinking is that I will arrive at Geneva a day early in order to catch the coach and so I need a hotel for one night on my outbound journey.  Fortunately, my return journey is straightforward as I can take the hotel coach from Les Contamines and be in time for my flight from Geneva.

Phew................sorry to subject you all to such a long-winded request, but, please help me or I will go stark raving mad without a holiday miles away from my chateau in rual France!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![:D]

"Phew................sorry to subject you all to such a long-winded request, but, please

help me or I will go stark raving mad without a holiday miles away from

my chateau in rual France!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Big Smile [:D]"

Just bumping this one up. Come on, someone on here must be able to help sweet 17 escape for a while.[:)]

My dear friend, Cendrillon, thank you for appealing on my behalf!

And, Pierre, I suspected that you might know something.  I will now definitely look at the option of staying a night near the airport in order the catch the hotel coach. 

Have looked at various options but the cheapest and most convenient is still good old Easyjet Bordeaux to Geneva for under 80 quid!

Well, holiday booked, flight booked. 

I think I'll plumb for a medium-price hotel as per the website you provided, Pierre.  Thanks again.

Next question:  is it better to book now (exchange rate lousy) or wait a bit?  Probably not worth waiting as it's going to be lousy for a while, don't you think?

Or should I ring up and see if I can clinch a deal?  Not that I'm good at that sort of thing; after all in over 40 years of travelling by air, have never managed to secure one lousy, mingy up-date to first despite always dressing neatly and asking nicely.....................aarrrrrrrrrrrrgh!![:@]

Pierre, I've done exactly as you have suggested.  Thank you so much for your great advice.

Have booked into the Novotel, shuttle to the hotel from the airport, restaurant on site (swimming pool too), breakfast included for under 90 euros (can't be bad?)

BTW, tell your sis, if she ever fancies a long distance walking holiday, such as the Compostela Way, I'll be ready and waiting! [kiss] 

BTW, tell your sis, if she ever fancies a long distance walking holiday, such as the Compostela Way, I'll be ready and waiting! Kiss [kiss]

Well, Sweets, I may not be Pierre's sister (I'm sure he'd make a wonderful brother[:)]) but the St. Jacques de Compostela pelerinage is something I would just love to do.  Jen

A couple of weeks ago I was in exactly the same situation as you, and stayed in a delightful hotel in Ferney-Voltaire, about 5 mins by taxi from the airport. It's the Hotel de France.

http://www.hotelfranceferney.com/

Delightful owners, the building was Voltaire's secretary's house, Ferney-Voltaire is lovely (great market on Saturday morning if you've time), my room was very comfy, and the food was OUTSTANDING!

Cannot recommend it too highly.

Fay

Fay, thank you.  Your hotel looks lovely and I shall know another time.

Still, I'm happy with what I've booked as I shall be on my own and so I just need something without hassle.  The hotel I've booked has a shuttle bus so that'll be easy-peasy.  I don't much like travelling without my husband, although I've done a lot of it!

Some hotels are just so completely soul-less but at least, if it's just for the one night, it's not so critical!

[quote user="sweet 17"]

Jen, how's about us get together to do it next year (plenty of time to plan it, etc)?

Wouldn't that be just great????????????????????

[/quote]

Absolutely Sweets, what a great idea! I've got lots of books about the routes and dream my way through them in the winter.  My kids think I'm nuts because, failing a human companion, I had thought of taking a donkey[:-))]

I must say, for 'chain' hotels I like Novotel, especially as when my kids were smaller they could stay free.  I always try and use the pool too.

I really like their breakfasts, sets you up for the day!  and I think 90 euros in Geneva is a bargain.

I will mention your kind offer to my Sis. obviously I can't speak for her but it's just the kind of thing she'd go for (longer the walk the better)

She's just come back from 2 weeks walking in Cuba !!

Thanks, Pangur, but just wanted to sort it all and just have the holiday to look forward to.  Did contact a taxi firm whose quote was 160 euros one way so thought I might as well have an overnight stay and chill for less than that.

Pierre, as you have seen, Gemonimo is also interested.  And I am now very happy to go off on a month walk (or however long it takes).

3 women on a walk would be lovely.  Tell her it's the Compostella way and I believe it's over 1000 km, so they won't go much longer than that?[:D]

Sweets, did you know that the pelerinage to St. Jacques doesn't have to be done all in one go (to be validated)?  A friend did it in two goes over two years after a renal transplant. If there are three women, we'll definitely need the donkey if only to carry our toileteries[Www]

I'll email or pm you when my garden is under control....

Jen, don't worry about the garden.  Look, I'll come and help you with the garden, OK?

Meanwhile, getting older by the day.  Do you think we'll still be fit enough to finish the damned thing, in 2 years?

Getting seriously worried in case us old women can't manage it?

Pierre, for goodness sake, get your sis to pm or email!  Don't want to miss the opportunity of a lifetime now do we, girls????????????????????