Channel Tunnel

bubbles

Does anyone know if you can just turn up on the day to travel on this?

I am pretty sure you can but.......then, does it cost a lot more?

We won't be sure which day we will want to travel until very near the time and will be without internet connection during the few days leading up to our Channel hop.

I was surprised that single tickets can be bought for £40 or so for November but they can only be used for 2 hours either side of the booked crossing time.

Yes, it will cost more to pay on the day than if you had booked in advance. I don't know by exactly how much. The cost varies anyway according to the time of day and the demand for any particular crossing. You can get advance booking discounts up to a day before travel, by booking online or by phone.

I recall going for the ferry winter before last and Dover was closed due to bad weather. We went for the train and itcost us 265€ one way, that was 230€ more than the ferry fare!! Book your ticket if you can.

[quote user="cooperlola"]

You can turn up whenever you like if you buy a FlexiPlus ticket.  They are pricey but still cheaper than turning up on spec' and you get an airline type meal thrown in iirc.

[/quote]

Or you can pay a little extra to have the meal excluded [:D]