Travel Clock

Ian

Can anyone recommend a battery-operated travel clock? The most important thing is, it needs to show the time always, not just when a button is pressed. Heavy on the battery, I know, but needed.

Cheers

I'm obviously missing something here with this question. I would have thought a quick Google would have brought up loads of travel clocks that display the time permanently and battery life isn't an issue with any of the ones I've had.

Sorry, DerekJ, I wasn't precise. I want the display to be always visible at night, in a dark bedroom. In other words, if I wake up in the small hours, I can easily see what time it is without disturbing Mrs Ian, slumbering alongside.

@Jonzjob, that looks like the sort of thing I had in mind, if the luminosity works.

@Theiere, does it project full-time, or would I have to reach over and press a button?

Thanks

Er, can you not place the clock on YOUR side of the bed?

Or have TWO clocks, one each side?

I have a nice little folding travel clock, about £20 from John Lewis (Lorus make) but I do have to pinch a bar just above the face for it to subtly light up enough for me to see where the hands are pointing.

Angela

This is confusing me, as I still don't understand why you need to see the time if you wake up. If I tried looking at the clock, then it'd wake me up 'too much' and I'd have trouble rolling over and sleeping again.

@Loiseau, it will be on my side of the bed.

If I have to press a button or something, in order to read it, I'll probably knock it over fumbling about. Whereas, if I can just read it without doing anything, then Mrs Ian will be able to sleep on, undisturbed.

@Idun, if I know the time, I can decide if I have to get up, or if I can turn over and go back to sleep - that's not a problem.

Cheers

I don't do that, I don't wake up during the night very often, but I go by how I 'feel' and not what the clock says. IF I am dozy and half awake, I go back to sleep, if I am awake, I get up. I cannot see that it is important what the clock says to be honest. ie I got up at about 5 a couple of weeks ago, and then I went back to bed at 8 because I felt like I needed more sleep and got up at 10.30'ish. My business what I do and when I go to bed, or not, not my clocks or anyone else's[Www].

And I don't disturb M. Idun, on that we agree.