Easy Jet new boarding trial

idun

Easyjet's new boarding trial.

In theory it would seem like a good idea to get window seat passengers on the plane first, and filter people on bit by bit.

I do so hope that families with children are allowed on first or last.

When anyone uses this service, please let us know how it worked.

In someone's theory, won't work very well.

If they board all seats in the middle of the plane first and work the way to both ends in order it will be much quicker as the centre of the aircraft passengers can Pfaff for ages without slowing the remaining passengers. If a few window seat boarders get on first it will still be difficult for others to squeeze past.

Off on easyJet next Saturday,!

It is a funny old thing catching a plane.

We found ourselves at a UK airport waiting for an easyjet flight to Geneva. The flight was very very late, and as per usual there was no information, no one knew anything...... which drives me, like everyone else, MAD! We all thought that it must have been cancelled.

However, eventually they said that the plane would be landing and that they had special dispensation to land in Geneva after, it was either midnight or 1am.

We were told that the flight had to leave immediately, immediate boarding.

And so it pulled into it's slot and as the incoming passengers were leaving by the front, we were all getting on at the back.  I was convinced that our luggage would get there at some point, but not necessarily that night.

Talk about everyone being sharp about getting their stuff in the lockers and sat down, well, everyone just got on with it, no messing around. And we were off. It literally felt like it had taken minutes.

We arrived in Geneva and all our luggage was there.[:D]

Maybe this system will work, no idea. I am curious as to how people find it though.

• 2 weeks later...
Flew out to Tel Aviv from our local French airport this week on Easy Jet. No change to the Priority Booking call, then the rest. All ended up in the corridor, then made our own way across the tarmac to the plane all together. Got in an hour earlier though.